Treatment Menu Advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Impulse1976

Reaction score
Hi Geeks, I am just getting my treatment menu printed and wanted to put a little incentive on there so my clients will refer their pals and get something in return.

At the moment I have put refer a friend and receive a mini manicure with your next treatment. Do you think that this is a good / bad thing to put on a treatment menu if I am getting two thousand printed or do you think I should not put any offers on.

I was also thinking maybe to give 10% of your next treatment and your pals treatment on referrals.

Any help and advice on this would be greatly received.

Hiya hun

I have a recommend a friend scheme and it works really well. Similar to what you have described, I give the friend 10% off their first treatment, and the existing client who recommends them gets a free CND enamel.

I love the idea of a free mini mani, I think thats a lovely thing to offer your client, and the cost to you is minimal. I would include it on your menu if I were you.

As an afterthought can I just say this: I know that there are some people who think that you have to practically give their treatments away in order for these types of schemes to work. that just isnt the case, and in fact its poor business sense to do so. Look at what the offer is worth to your client rather than what it costs you, because that's how your client will look at it. If a mini mani is worth £10, your client will see it as getting £10 worth of treatments for free.

Hi

Yes, yes, yes referrals schemes work wonders. If you are to give a mini mani definitely show how much it is worth. Afterall which would you sooner have? A FREE mini mani or A FREE mini mani worth £10? :)

Personally I like to give massive rewards for referrals. Why? Becuase that client is working for you as a sales person! And, if she brings in, say 3 new clients who will each spend around £500 a year with you she's earned your salon £1,500!!! If she was a sales person how much would you pay her for bringing in these types of sales?

Just a thought:rolleyes:

thanks guys that's a greet help

please explain someone?? how do they refer friend?
surely if 2 people who were coming anyway 1 of them might say oo my friend reccomended me. even thou they were gonna come anyway, so how does it work? thanks

It may be worth specifying how much the new client has to spend. By this I mean somehing like 'Refer a new client to the salon for a full set of enhancements and receive...'. This is just an idea of how it could work for a nail salon.

I was just thinking that maybe some will take advantage and get a friend to book a £5 lip wax, so that they get their £10 mani free:irked:. Just a thought. x

I had cards printed from vista print offering the new client £5 off their 1st treatment with us. The card says along the lines of 'for the friend of........ For each friend you send us we will reward you with a free gift....'

Existing client hands card to friend, friend brings with them to 1st appointment. Depending on how much they spend will determine what the free gift to existing client is. We are generous though - "the more you give, the more you get" is my philosophy :).

For instance if someone only has an eyebrow shape each month & you offer 10% off their next appointment for referring a friend, they're not exactly going to be rushing to tell their friends about you. BUT, if you offered them £5 off each time a different friend came in, they would tell all & sundry about you.

You have to think about what a client is going to spend long term with you before you think you can't afford to keep giving £5 offs.

Latest posts

Back