Treatments in front room

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca Rebecca

Reaction score
Hi
I'm planning to offer treatments in my front room if I have to downsize - what are everyone's thoughts on this? I'm planning to buy pure organics spa manicures and spa pedicures, paraffin wax and l&p and hopefully soon gel 2. I would prefer to offer from my lounge than mobile but wondering how clients would feel about this? Or if I offer mobile how could I create a relaxing atmosphere for their spa manis and pedis? Xx

I work from my front room and have a super client base :) they like the homeliness. And my dog on the sofa lol

Obv certain people want the salon experience so it's not for them

But I've done all things nails for 12 years and it's worked perfectly

Mobile imho is a complete pain in the ar5e, did it for 2 years altho others will have different experiences lol xx

I guess it depends in the type if clients you want to attract. To be honest i would feel uncomfortable having a treatment dine in someones loungeroom. I would prefer a private room. I just think it makes the whole experience too casual and not at all professional. Im sure there are others that prefer it though. Its all about the client type.

Hi Rebecca,

It is definitely a question of who your client base is. I prefer to be in a separate room as a client receiving treaments but when you find a beautician that is brilliant you tend to forget about where you are. Did you ever think about getting a room divider? Depending on space you could create a lovely work area in your front room with a room divider, a workstation, objet, candles etc... Also depends on how private your living room is, i.e. is it open plan, will people be coming in and out, etc...

If you decide to go mobile you and you want to create a relaxing atmoshper, you'll find that people are always comfortable in their own homes so you don't need to worry about that. I have done some mobile treatments and people have fallen asleep on me all the time in the middle of a nail treatment!

There are plenty of options to think about. Just do what's best for you. Maybe you could do a bit of both?

Thanks guys those comments are really good. I live on my own so no one else would be around. The room divider is an option though, I will have to think about that. It's good to know that blossom is offering treatments from here front room. Blossom can I ask - are these spa manis and pedis? I'm probably going to be buying asap range but wonder how someone would feel paying abit more to then end up in my living room. Maybe I should just tell them on the phone that they have the option of me going to them, or them being in my front room, and maybe charge a surcharge for mobile. Either that or don't have a lounge lol x

Perhaps you could offer a bit of both? Maybe work the beginning of the week at home and the end of the week mobile to see how it goes? to test the water?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I do very little in the way of spa manis and pedis, tbh all my work is gel/acrylics, shellac and minx.

Maybe that makes a difference as what I offer are not 'luxury' treatments?

I keep the lounge mega tidy, apart from the nail table andy stool and very comfy client chair, there's just a massive fireplace and 2 massive sofas. There's no clutter. We sit in a square bay window. It works for me.

I work from what was my dining room. We never really used it as a dining room and now the wall is sporting a Shellac rack, two Lecente racks full of glitter and a couple of racks full of Gel ii, it is starting to look like a proper home salon.

My clients have never turned their noses up at it - they're more concerned with the quality of the job I do on their digits.

However, we're gradually moving towards the idea of removing the dining table. Thankfully it's a big room and there's plenty of room in our dining room so it doesn't feel squashed.

I have been a mobile therapist for years but after a spell of ill health and 4 major operations last year I was unable to provide a mobile service due to the heavy lifting....so I started working from home on a temporary basis.....the only room that was adequate where I wouldn't get disturbed was my dressing room...the smallest room in the house that houses all my wardrobes etc....it was more a walk in wardrobe so all clothes exposed etc....I put blinds on my wardrobes to partition them off so it now looks like a canvas wall.....the floor space I have left is a tiny 8 by 6 feet.....in this space I have a massage couch set up all the time a manicure table small but sufficient and a long table with drawers for storage .....I do everything in here from pedicures to massage ...my clients love it and 90% of my clients have asked that when I start mobile again can they continue to come to me....because of this I've decided to stop dragging my stuff out in all weathers and stay put.....I've made it a tranquil area with polishes on wall racks ...candles etc .....I think as long as you section your lounge it will be viable ....there's nothing worse than feeling like your bringing your work home so to speak so if you section the lounge it will be your work environment and your lounge is your personal space ...I like the fact that I can close the bedroom door once I'm done and work is finished ...good luck x

Great feedback everyone thanks for all your ideas. Plus a partition sounds like a great idea. :) thanks geeks x

I work from my lounge. I keep it minimal, I even remove the t.v when I have clients. I have a washable wooden floor too which I have just put down. I still wonder do clients care but I don't think they do. I have a small room right at the top of the house that I could do up, but it is tiny....I sway between the idea of this or my lounge. The small room could be a treatment room but means taking people to the top floor right through my house. The lounge is straight in and bigger...hmm not sure what is best

I work from my lounge. I keep it minimal, I even remove the t.v when I have clients. I have a washable wooden floor too which I have just put down. I still wonder do clients care but I don't think they do. I have a small room right at the top of the house that I could do up, but it is tiny....I sway between the idea of this or my lounge. The small room could be a treatment room but means taking people to the top floor right through my house. The lounge is straight in and bigger...hmm not sure what is best
Hi, thankyou 4 your reply. Can I ask what treatments you do? And how long have you been offering them in your front room? I think I'm concerned because those that may opt for a spa manicure and spa pedicures - after a more relaxing luxurious treatment would be put off by being in my front room. But because I haven't started yet this is just my assumption and I could be totally wrong .(I will b ready to start in about 2 weeks) I hate the idea of mobile but already one potential client would prefer it. Also going to b doing enhancements and their cnd I&p so will b abit pricier poss but I don't think I'd be so concerned doing them in my front room xx

Hi, thankyou 4 your reply. Can I ask what treatments you do? And how long have you been offering them in your front room? I think I'm concerned because those that may opt for a spa manicure and spa pedicures - after a more relaxing luxurious treatment would be put off by being in my front room. But because I haven't started yet this is just my assumption and I could be totally wrong .(I will b ready to start in about 2 weeks) I hate the idea of mobile but already one potential client would prefer it. Also going to b doing enhancements and their cnd I&p so will b abit pricier poss but I don't think I'd be so concerned doing them in my front room xx

I do all treatments, facials, nails, massage, waxing. I play spa music to give a nice atmosphere...

I do all treatments, facials, nails, massage, waxing. I play spa music to give a nice atmosphere...

I still worry about taking clients to my front room though I can't help it....yet everyone says it's lovely x

I was planning on starting mobile but all I ever read how hard it is so I'm considering having a from home option too. My house is very small - so I only have the option of converting part of my lounge and there isn't space for a divider so this thread is quite interesting.

I only offer nail treatments so I don't need much space but having people in my home is a concern for me and also not being able to switch off from work mode xx

I was planning on starting mobile but all I ever read how hard it is so I'm considering having a from home option too. My house is very small - so I only have the option of converting part of my lounge and there isn't space for a divider so this thread is quite interesting.

I only offer nail treatments so I don't need much space but having people in my home is a concern for me and also not being able to switch off from work mode xx
Do you have a client base already?

Hey Hun, I'm planning on moving my table then putting up a divider up every time someone visits - still think this is gonna be less hassle than mobile. Think I'll still have to offer mobile for some people though because of the convenience factor for them. I couldn't have it all in the lounge all the time and there wouldn't b room anyway. I have to be able to switch off too although I'm expecting that won't be very easy anyway running your own business and people texting to arrange appointments lol x

Hey Hun, I'm planning on moving my table then putting up a divider up every time someone visits - still think this is gonna be less hassle than mobile. Think I'll still have to offer mobile for some people though because of the convenience factor for them. I couldn't have it all in the lounge all the time and there wouldn't b room anyway. I have to be able to switch off too although I'm expecting that won't be very easy anyway running your own business and people texting to arrange appointments lol x

Yea that's true - i will have to juggle mobile and home I think - I have 2 children and my lounge isn't massive so I can't have clients at home in the evening, it just won't work. I think I will try home during the day and mobile in the evening, it's the only way I can see it working :) xx

Latest posts

Back