Trigger finger

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hayleykinss

Reaction score
So I'm a hairdresser working in a busy salon 5-6 days a week, this week we've been busier than ever (Christmas run up coming) I've developed trigger finger in my right hand, middle two fingers. It's super painful and feels gross when my fingers click, just wondered does anyone have any remedies or have ever suffered with it before?

'm sorry I can't help but I'd like an answer to, last year I had tendonitis from my thumb up my arm, and the last few months my finger gets stiff and clicks and hurts. My thumb too. :( x

Sorry to hear that , sounds painful 😔I have carpal tunnel syndrome and tendinitis so the only advice I can give or what works for me anyway - anti inflammatory when it flares up ( busy times !! ) ice packs and anti inflammatory gel and really good painkillers that will get you through the day without zonking you out , I get ixiprim it has paracetamol and trAmadol which works on the nerves really helps when the pain is so bad and I can't lift my arm and I have a curly blow dry !!

So I'm a hairdresser working in a busy salon 5-6 days a week, this week we've been busier than ever (Christmas run up coming) I've developed trigger finger in my right hand, middle two fingers. It's super painful and feels gross when my fingers click, just wondered does anyone have any remedies or have ever suffered with it before?

Trigger finger can be a nightmare but loads of things you can do to ease/stop worsening (Iused to be a physio for 5 yrs before having a crazy career change).
Tigger finger is stenosing tenosynovitis ( inflammation and 'sticking' of the tendon and its tendon sheath). Localised massge at the base of your finger (on palm side) using thumb from other hand-hope that makes sense. This is useful to release any adhesions and encourage the tendon to be able to glide more freely. Can also do ice massage using an ice cube in a damp cloth if sore at the end a day.

Try and rest fingers when you can, ie limit mobile/computer with those fingers. Anti inflammatories can help you get through a busy day.

If getting worse and really affecting, a steriod injection is another option which has good success.

Hope that helps, in some people who develop trigger finger it can just go away on its own:)

I had trigger finger in both of my thumbs last year. It's eventually became difficult to work. I got injections on each 2x, which helped for a while, but ended up having surgery. It was a pain taking the week off (plus another week wearing a glove when washing hair) but the relief was immediate and I haven't had a single issue since.

Latest posts

Back