Trolls of your business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boolou

Reaction score
Have you ever had someone purposefully comment on your work and tell you how bad it is? When you know that is by far isn't ****.

I'm developing a thicker skin but it has really irked me this evening, considering the woman lives at the other end of the country!!

"If you don't have any nice to say, then don't say a word"

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've had someone put a one star review on my fb page and I've not even treated them !!

You always get people like this, you know you are good at what you do so dont let anyone knock your confidence, i have done before then its turned out that after care hasnt been followed and this is the advice my husband gives me xxx

I'm glad I'm not the only person its happened to. Hubby said just delete it and block her cos that way I remain the professional.

Just makes me wanna bang the keyboard on her head.

Boolou, bet you are like me, you take everything personal because you take so much pride in what you do, your husband fully supports you and believes in you because you are good in what you do. I have had the odd person try to get me down and it does until my husband reminds me that i do my job because i love it and i love to make people feel great!! Listen to your hubby and block her x

Thank you :) yes I do take it personally because I see my business as my little baby and don't like when people are rude or offensive!!

Have blocked her and banned her from me like page. Your husband sounds like he talks sense to.
Hth x

A total stranger commented on one of my pics 'whoever painted these needs to go back to college', I just blocked them. Thing is they were really good! People are horrible on the internet because theres no repercussions x

I had 3 one star reviews on my business page - my only one star reviews...

I hadn't treated a single one of them! And one was an old friend who must have thought it would remain anonymous!

They all got a shock when I politely asked them why they had done so and either deleted or changed it!

But at first it wouldn't let me see who had done it and that was very disheartening! I take pride in my work and absolutely fair enough if somebody genuinely thinks I am only worth 'one star' but if they do I want to know why and I want to fix it 👊

I really struggle with this I have just started out last year and fingers crossed at the moment it's going great built up a nice wee reputation but another salon near (who I used to go to for years before I trained) tried to bad mouth me to a client who came back to me and told me this! another salon even phoned me to tell me they had heard they were doing this which was good of them. I'm only 20 and my family keep saying it's just jealousy but it's hard!
I have clients come in who slag off other salons openly and I worry they do this about me too!
I've had to learn that I can't please everyone!!

Ha why do people do it? I know full well that I've stepped on some toes in my area and this could well be do with it!

I really struggle with this I have just started out last year and fingers crossed at the moment it's going great built up a nice wee reputation but another salon near (who I used to go to for years before I trained) tried to bad mouth me to a client who came back to me and told me this! another salon even phoned me to tell me they had heard they were doing this which was good of them. I'm only 20 and my family keep saying it's just jealousy but it's hard!
I have clients come in who slag off other salons openly and I worry they do this about me too!
I've had to learn that I can't please everyone!!

I get this, it's annoying but you must keep your powder dry at all times!

What happened to professional ethics of never criticising another therapist?

Yes I know, I would never in a million yeara say to another therapist that their work was terrible!

I had 3 one star reviews on my business page - my only one star reviews...

I hadn't treated a single one of them! And one was an old friend who must have thought it would remain anonymous!

They all got a shock when I politely asked them why they had done so and either deleted or changed it!

But at first it wouldn't let me see who had done it and that was very disheartening! I take pride in my work and absolutely fair enough if somebody genuinely thinks I am only worth 'one star' but if they do I want to know why and I want to fix it 👊

Aww that's awful, trolls are just mean with nothing better to do - How can you see who leaves stars without them being listed in the review section? I've tried hovering over them but can't see who left them x

I just checked all my reviews after seeing this thread & can't believe I've got a 1star review from someone I've never spoken to let alone treated. Happens to work in a spa 17 miles away. How very sad. Some people have no shame. :(

I just checked all my reviews after seeing this thread & can't believe I've got a 1star review from someone I've never spoken to let alone treated. Happens to work in a spa 17 miles away. How very sad. Some people have no shame. :(

The person who gave one star on mine also works at a salon ! But is engaged to my husbands cousin ! Don't think she could see that she had put it !! I could be low and do the same to her place if work where she is employed mine is my own business !! But I wouldn't dream of being that low ! Some people have no shame x

The person who gave one star on mine also works at a salon ! But is engaged to my husbands cousin ! Don't think she could see that she had put it !! I could be low and do the same to her place if work where she is employed mine is my own business !! But I wouldn't dream of being that low ! Some people have no shame x

I've messaged politely asking her to amend-remove it in the hope that she's clicked on my page having a nosey & done it by accident. I really do hope it is a genuine mistake. Just seems really off other wise.
Guess we've just got to rise above it & hope the other clients reviews & pics speaks volumes. If people put as much effort in to being the best as they do to being spiteful they might get further.
X

The star ratings feature is well known to be flawed as it's easy to click on by mistake so I wouldn't take it that seriously.

I have had one situation which was quite comical in that I did some Cath Kidston nail art on some tips and had a photo of that on my FB page. Loads of people liked it and commented and it looked darn good. Someone commented something like 'horrible' on the photo. It wasn't someone that liked my page or that I knew, when I clicked on her profile she actually did look like a troll, she was a really classy bird!

This is the pic (inspired by DBD's tutorial which gave me the confidence to try!xx)

picture.php

I too have had a one star but no comment, I contacted the person in question and they were so apologetic as they had click it by accident, hadn't realised until I contacted them! It's too easy to do on FB.
I had one lady that was cross with FB as she'd wanted to give me 5 stars but it went through as 4, it took four weeks before she could amend it!
Don't be scared to ask these people why they scored you so low! Let them know that you know! It may prevent them from doing it to others in the future.
X

How are you able to see who has left a star? I cannot see this on my page either as the admin or going to my page from my personal profile.

How are you able to see who has left a star? I cannot see this on my page either as the admin or going to my page from my personal profile.

Maybe you don't have any reviews, it's always clearer to see on desktop site. It should say under how many likes your page has how many reviews you've also had. The reviews are usually in the right hand side of the page.

Latest posts

Back