Tropical Cyclone Rusty

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nails_4_U

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Looks like we are going to have a few scary days ahead of us here in the Pilbara, Western Australia. Have a category 4-5 cyclone heading straight for us in Port Hedland, should make landfall early hours wednesday morning. Scary part is its looking at sitting just off the coast line and bombing us with winds up to 280km/ph anywhere from 24-36hrs.

Seriously destructive cyclone. To make things worse it's my son's 6th birthday on Wednesday and we most likely won't have power and will be bunkering down in the bathroom.

I am an admin on a facebook page called Pilbara Weather as I have a passion for weather so am being inundated with questions from the public.

Can view the latest track map here at http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDW60281.shtml

Just needed to vent my concern as I have been reassuring people all day and am personally getting very worried :-/

Sent from my GT-I9305T using SalonGeek

Hey im in the uk, iv never experienced anything like that. I know your worried and i have no idea what to say! Just be prepared, food, candles blankets etc. keep us updated and i hope you and your family are ok. And happy birthday!!

I have a quite a few friend in WA, my Facebook is flooded with weather updates, I really hope you guys are safe! Hopefully your little guy will see it as an adventure ;) xxx

Thanks hun. I'm as prepared as I can be. Have everything I will need, a home supplies kit and evacuation kits and a few bottles of vodka :) It's just this waiting that's killing me. The sounds that the gusts are making already is scary because it's going to get at least 4-5 times worse. Just want it to hurry up and get it over with lol

Good luck hun :hug: we just went through Oswald and the floods that followed. Just make sure you have enough food to last incase everyone starts panic buying. We nearly ran out of food because there was nothing left in woolies, we had some creative meals that week.

Thanks everyone. Just thought I'd give you an update. Cyclone Rusty ended up crossing land 100km east of us thank god. We were on red alert (lock down) for 33hrs until we got the all clear. Minimal damage around town. Relieved to go back to normal :)

Latest posts

Back