Trouble with facebook

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rippersroo

Reaction score
urgh, I hate facebook anyway but after starting my beauty business 2 years ago I realised I really had to have a page for my customers. To do this I had to create a profile to have a business page.
Since yesterday I can no longer log in to facebook, when I do a message appears stating "it looks like you've been using your profile to advertise a business, you will need to make your profile into a business page"
There are quite a few problems with this-
1. I've not been using the personal page to create business
2. I have a business page already I don't want to be making a new one!
3. There is literally no one to contact no email or phone, even the forums aren't any help as I can't create a thread as I can't log in!
Also as a Last resort I went along with this "creating a page from my profile" and I get to the last step-verifying by entering my password and then there's an "error" creating my page!
I'm seriously losing the will to live, I have many likes, photos etc on my business page and get customers from it! Please can anyone help me? Indeed a total Facebook expert! My business page is still able to be viewed as my friends can still see it.
Thankyou xx

I had this problem.. And I panicked like hell! But when you change it over... you take your like and photos etc with you. It does it automatically!

Thanks Steph, but I can't change it over because of the error message! And I've not used my personal profile so I don't have anything like pics etc to take over with the change. X

No, i know what you mean, but you will still have control over the page you already have via the account you already have, however it will make your account a page. So you cant message people etc unless they message you first. Its stupid, but still accessable. x

Exactly the same happened to me rippersroo- and you don't have access to the business page because they've deleted your account so no way of getting on it! Its a nightmare I agree totally especially like you say you can't contact anyone to ask. I had to start from scratch unfortunately. Hope you sort it out x

Exactly the same happened to me rippersroo- and you don't have access to the business page because they've deleted your account so no way of getting on it! Its a nightmare I agree totally especially like you say you can't contact anyone to ask. I had to start from scratch unfortunately. Hope you sort it out x

Wasn't the case with me..
I had my account, which I ran 2 pages from. They change the 'account' to a 'page'. Im still able to log in as normal and then I have the choice of which page I want to look at/administrate.
Ive uploaded a picture of what I get when I log in as normal. I then am able to click on one and be directed to that page along with that pages messages and notifications.

Hope this makes sense x

Oh, and my account was the top one 'little bowtique', which as you can see, is now a page x

Attachments

• prtscn.png
    prtscn.png
    112.7 KB · Views: 18
Thanks for your help girls, I was expecting to be able to do what you do Steph, but so far I still cannot create my profile to a page as it says there's an error with creating my page
I still keep getting email notifications from facebook but can't log in via them. I can't understand who has made this decision about my profile and I cannot even tell them what the deal is!
I don't wanna do a new page as people know about me via my current business page, also I don't think I would be able to create another business page with the same name? Urgh it's so annoying xx

Thanks for your help girls, I was expecting to be able to do what you do Steph, but so far I still cannot create my profile to a page as it says there's an error with creating my page
I still keep getting email notifications from facebook but can't log in via them. I can't understand who has made this decision about my profile and I cannot even tell them what the deal is!
I don't wanna do a new page as people know about me via my current business page, also I don't think I would be able to create another business page with the same name? Urgh it's so annoying xx

How frustrating!! You will probably be able to make new page with same name as theres trillions out there! But as you say its just annoying because people know you via your current page! :(
Can you access a friends account and maybe write on the page just letting everyone know that your unable to access it etc. That way nobody thinks your ignoring them! lol x

Yes Steph I've had to do that now with the girls at work, it's annoying as I don't want to be on facebook with my personal profile/real name.
Looks like I'm going to have to do that just to get in touch with people and start a new page!
Xx

Yes Steph I've had to do that now with the girls at work, it's annoying as I don't want to be on facebook with my personal profile/real name.
Looks like I'm going to have to do that just to get in touch with people and start a new page!
Xx
Unfortunately you have to open an account with a "human" name and not that of your business. The only way is to register with your first name and you can put the first letter of your last name, that will work. I've uploaded a link that will allow you to claim you business page once you open a new account/profile.

https://m.facebook.com/help/www/168172433243582

Facebook is cracking down on businesses using profiles as business pages and, unfortunately, your original profile violated those rules since it was you business name. Stupid, but thats how annoying they are. Its just a ploy to make more money from business pages :(

Thanks Jen, that link was really helpful. I visited my old page but unfortunately I couldn't click the button for selecting an unmanaged page. So annoying I can't remember everyone that liked my old page i had more than 200 likes now I've only got about 40 people will think I'm a new business xx

Latest posts

Back