TS20 gun and Suntana

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichelleG1978

Reaction score
Hi! Do any of you have the TS20 gun and use suntana? I'm having real issues trying to get the flow set right! I've always had my gun set in the 6pm position and for any other brand I've used that's been fine. With suntana it comes out with hardly any guide colour, looks and feels quite wet, and also feels sharp coming out if that makes sense? I've stripped and cleaned my gun, been in contact with suntana who assure me theres nothing wrong with the tan (tho didnt have this issue with the sample bottles I tried first) I've turned my gun up but it comes out speckly, turned my gun down but nothings working. Even tried it in my friends gun and it's no different. There's hardly any guide colour, and the tans are going the colour they should. For instance I had the 14% on Friday but it looks like a paler 12% I really loved the samples which is why I bought the 1 litre bottles, but I've tried all 3 % and they're all the same! I'm struggling with what else I can do?! Any ideas?

I’d get back in touch with suntanna and explain this and ask for a replacement. Could you spray couch roll and email them a pic to show the guide colour?

I’d have suggested it was your gun if both the guide colour and developed tan is lighter than expected but not if you’ve tried your friends gun too.

I've already emailed suntana a pic of the tan on couch roll and they're saying it's fine. Someone from a forum I'm in sent me a video of them spraying suntana on a client (with permission) and it's nothing like mine. I can see the guide colour going on as they're spraying, cant see it using my tan and theres hardly anything there once its washed off. The samples I got were so different which is why I'm convinced it's the tan but suntana say its not. So now I'm stuck. And out of pocket with spray tan I cant use

If you have 3 different tones i think it’s unlikely that all 3 are bad batches.
I remember the sharp feeling you mention but I can’t remember if it was with suntanna. I wasn’t a fan of it and found them orange and the wear off was terrible.
The suntanna V is lovely and I never had any issues with that.

I've ordered the sample set and a bigger bottle of the violet based from suntana and also use the ts20 gun so I'll let you know how I get on with mine.

I've ordered the sample set and a bigger bottle of the violet based from suntana and also use the ts20 gun so I'll let you know how I get on with mine.
That would be great, thank you!! Its really got me scratching my head, I'm still wondering what's gone wrong?!

I had to stop using suntana because of the guide colour, i couldn't see it while spraying but it would show up 5 mins after. The rapid tan is so thick it wouldn't spray through my machine properly and would go speckly no matter how i changed my machine settings. And that sharp feeling you mention could get quite painful xx

I had to stop using suntana because of the guide colour, i couldn't see it while spraying but it would show up 5 mins after. The rapid tan is so thick it wouldn't spray through my machine properly and would go speckly no matter how i changed my machine settings. And that sharp feeling you mention could get quite painful xx
I spoke to an engineer about my gun and seem to have sorted the sharp feeling/speckly appearance. But still hardly any guide colour and the finished tan is nowhere near as dark as it should be. I've turned up my gun, turned it down, just cant get the right setting for it! So annoyed as I've spent £80 on tan I cant use....

Latest posts

Back