Uncommon skincare brands?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SJane

Reaction score
Hiya, I've had no luck choosing my new brand for skincare, so I'm looking for a bit of advice.
I really wanted Only yourx, but they won't get back to me after numerous emails and voice messages, so unfortunately I won't be choosing them.~
Clarins also no response after a call, but I wasn't sure on something clients could easily buy in boots anyway.
Darphin was way out of our budget.
I've got Swiss Dermyl samples to play with, loving the customer service already. ;)

Dermalogica isn't an option, nor is Nimue, Eve Taylor or Pier Auge.
I was toying with the idea of Environ, but the machine put me off, also the products can be found on ebay.

So really, I just need to know what else is out there for me to consider?

Any help would be much appreciated.:)

That is such a shame about only yourx I use their peels Louisa is usually always on the ball with responding have you got her email address?

I've phoned, left messages, emailed the uksales@onlyyourx address, and sent off the online contact form.
I tried on and off for 3 weeks before I gave up.
Its a shame, because I love the concept of their products.

Ummmmm thats odd I would email [email protected] thats the email address I use and have always had a response. I would try that and let us know how you get on ;-) xx I have never had an issue with customer service its always been great for me up to date x

From what I can gather Environ isn't meant to be foind on Ebay but I guess a few things slip through the net.

I think Environ will be my choice from reading reviews :)

Have you tried looking through Matts article; The big skin care decision? Its helpful, lots of info and a good few brands to think about. I cant send a link atm but will later of I get mo

Zooks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hiya, I've had no luck choosing my new brand for skincare, so I'm looking for a bit of advice.
I really wanted Only yourx, but they won't get back to me after numerous emails and voice messages, so unfortunately I won't be choosing them.~
Clarins also no response after a call, but I wasn't sure on something clients could easily buy in boots anyway.
Darphin was way out of our budget.
I've got Swiss Dermyl samples to play with, loving the customer service already. ;)

Dermalogica isn't an option, nor is Nimue, Eve Taylor or Pier Auge.
I was toying with the idea of Environ, but the machine put me off, also the products can be found on ebay.

So really, I just need to know what else is out there for me to consider?

Any help would be much appreciated.:)

Hi, I have read lots of nice things re.Swiss Dermyl, I haven't used it personally but based on excellent reviews would more than happily try it.
I am not a fan of Dermalogica or Clarins. Here are some brands I have used, got fantastic results and was very impressed with both training and support.
Medik8 (Skinbrands)
Dermaquest (Dermapure)
Glotherapeutics (Wigmore Medical)
Neostrata (Wigmore Medical)
TAC The Aromatherapy Company (The Aromatherapy Company UK)
I was so impressed with the products and the company that I now work for TAC but not in the UK.
In our clinic we use Medik8 and TAC products, I have no plans whatsoever to change as they suit out client base and our aestheticians love using them in treatment.

Hope this helps you a bit, it gets very confusing looking for new brands I know, I personally try the products and research the training program, ongoing training and support is always something I look for. Let us know what you choose! xx

From what I can gather Environ isn't meant to be foind on Ebay but I guess a few things slip through the net.

I think Environ will be my choice from reading reviews :)

Have you tried looking through Matts article; The big skin care decision? Its helpful, lots of info and a good few brands to think about. I cant send a link atm but will later of I get mo

Zooks

Yes Environ shouldn't be on Ebay, but as the company say - do you know what you are buying. Only buying from an authorised stockist will ensure the real thing. I know they have had real problem stopping it, but they try!!! It certainly hasn't affected my sales!

Espa are amazing and help you with marketing free on site training and the products are amazing.

Gatineau were really good too and I enquired and got sent boxes and boxes of amazing samples and goody bags!

They were my two favourites but I went with espa xx

Skingeek78 does the aromatherapy company have a big start up cost?

Skingeek78 does the aromatherapy company have a big start up cost?

Give Joanne or Louise a call on 01827 370456. or you can drop them an email, either way they are very helpful and have different options depending on business size and tequirements, www.thearomatherapycompany.co.uk whilst the set up in the UK differs slightly from mine overseas, it is a British company and I know that there is not a big set up cost, the training is ace and so is the support. They are clinical aromatherapists and our products are certified organic. We have several signature treatments that work very well for beauty therapists aswell as holistic therapists, our treatments are carried out within spas worldwide including Hilton Athens. As a company we will not sell to those untrained or to another competitor within a certain radius, it is a great company to work with. Xx

I've just opened a month ago and I had the same decision.
I don't know how big your salon is/will be but any of the bigger names you need a specific amount of treatment rooms and huge start up costs.
I went with Thea, an organic range and its brilliant! Initially I took on £100 worth of their top 10 sellers and they went down a treat. Nw I'm taking on the whole range, so excited.

Best of luck with your venture xxx

Be your own kind of beautiful

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek app

Ummmmm thats odd I would email [email protected] thats the email address I use and have always had a response. I would try that and let us know how you get on ;-) xx I have never had an issue with customer service its always been great for me up to date x

Id like to reiterate that their customer service has always been excellent and I never had any issues in the past with Louissa or her partner that both work actively in the business; so I find it a real shame that you have written those comments

Unfortunately my emails to Louisa's email address are being returned, so I really think I'll have to give up on them now. :(

I've dropped emails to a few companies skingeek78 posted, so thank you very much for those!

Espa is another we can't go with, theres another stockist too close to us.
I did a quick search on Gatineau, but couldn't find a distributor for the uk?
I didn't try for very long though!

I've mentioned environ to my boss, but due to the start up costs I think its a no-go.
Its a hair salon with 2 beauty rooms, but I don't think theres a huge focus on the beauty side, so we have to go with something smaller for now. ;)

I too have been dedperately trying to contact only yourx since April. Email and phonecalls. Will keep trying as hoping to train with them.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Don't know whether anyone else has taken up distribution but she hasn't had it for a while its dissolved.She is the next town from me.

Thank you for posting this Gillian, I thought it was odd I was having such trouble!
Will I have to follow this up from the American end or just wait and see if someone else gets the rights?

Don't know whether anyone else has taken up distribution but she hasn't had it for a while its dissolved.She is the next town from me.

Oh no! Im shocked :(

She is still running other businesses she has just given up distribution of that range.
I would imagine there is no other distributers here at the mo if it doesn't come up on google.Yes I would contact their main site and enquire.

She is still running other businesses she has just given up distribution of that range.
I would imagine there is no other distributers here at the mo if it doesn't come up on google.Yes I would contact their main site and enquire.

Shame, she is sound and gave excellent training.
Hopefully someone will take it on soon as they are great peel products

I use and love ahava amazing products

Latest posts

Back