Under eye circles getting me down-solution?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Sylk

Reaction score
I'm now seriously considering some kind if surgery or filler.
I don't know what else can sort them out! I'm in the beauty industry so I got to look good and not tired :( to top it I also have lots of red capillaries in my eyes so I look even more tired :( I heRd years ago they can get rid if them too??? Bug nothing since on the net anywhere :(

I'm also considering. If it will working buying my own caci machine for my eyes, at least I ban use on clients and recoup some money!?

Basically I have dark circles with a little bit of sagging skin generally my skin tone is not very good around the body I don't get puffiness on wrinkles

Hi Miss Sylk

I have just taken on Environ skincare and it genuinely has the capacity to change your skin, I am just learning the fundamental bits at the moment but if you contact Squidgernetball she has been using the range for quite some time and I am sure she wil be able to give you expert advice.

Don't revert to surgery just yet.

I have the worst dark circles. Had them for 30 years. Tried every under eye concealer but would also like to find something more permanent. I have been waiting a long time. The only thing that makes them not look as dark is when I have spray tan on my face. When I am really white the contrast with the dark blue looks far worse than when I am tanned. Plus when I am tanned the whites of my eyes look so much whiter. Hope someone comes along with a miracle cure soon x

I have the worst dark circles. Had them for 30 years. Tried every under eye concealer but would also like to find something more permanent. I have been waiting a long time. The only thing that makes them not look as dark is when I have spray tan on my face. When I am really white the contrast with the dark blue looks far worse than when I am tanned. Plus when I am tanned the whites of my eyes look so much whiter. Hope someone comes along with a miracle cure soon x

If it's hereditary no amount of eye creams will remove the dark circles completely, and I know squidgernetball will back me up 100% here with the amazing results you can achieve with the fabulous C-Quence eye gel from Environ. You can reduce puffiness and smooth fine lines but find an undereye lightener which may help but a concealer like 'absence' from Jane Iredale probably will be your best bet, or something similar.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Restyline injections seems the only way but they only last up to a year and can cause bruising at first :/

I have got really bad dark circles under my eyes n had them for 15years now. I hope someones can give some information about advance treatment for that.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have heard about carboxy treatment.its only available at some harley street clinics n quite expensive too

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh god I feel your pain :( I have terrible dark circles and despite being fairly decent with my skincare, they're hereditary so don't shift. I think being in the industry makes it harder because people really expect you to get rid of all their skin woes and for yourself to have an issue you can't budge with, it makes me feel like people don't take me as seriously.

I am thinking of switching my skincare range but for now, I conceal with make up. I need to remember that skincare can't shift much due to the cause of the circles, but of course I still stay naively hopeful ;)

I have looked into treatments but of course they say that hereditary dark circles are caused by thin skin and the blood vessels showing through so there's really not much we can do.

The only options I know of is to
  • Get fillers to help reduce the 'sunken look'
  • Use products with Vitamin K so the skin is thickened and the circles may be less prominent however success rates haven't exactly been all that great

I've also read somewhere that you can get excess blood drained so it's not that prominent but it's certainly not something I've looked into.

Most suggestions I see for concealers are Laura Mercier or Jane Iredale. For myself, these are some of the mistakes I've made in the past
  • Using a shade too dark which doesn't match the rest of my face
  • Using a shade too light that makes my dark circles look 'ashy'
  • Concealing before foundation which makes the concealer just rub off
  • Not setting the concealer - again just rubs off
  • Using Touch Eclat by YSL, this is a highlighter that is meant to help with signs of fatigue, completely made my dark circles ashy

This is what I try to do now which works better. I have yet to perfect the art, but these tips have really helped me.
  • Using the right colour, slightly lighter than your natural skin colouring, a bit of salmon, not too orange, not too yellow. People will give you all sort of random advice, use a few shades lighter! Use purple to counteract sallowness! Use orange! You MUST try out the concealer in natural light.
  • Set the concealer with a very light dusting of powder.
  • Make sure that your eye cream is absorbed properly and is not too emollient if you have fine lines
  • Most important: Blend and use less! I used to place concealer JUST wherever there was dark. This makes them MORE noticeable. Now I do a light base of concealer all over and then go over with more product in specific areas: the inner corner of the eye, straight down in a line and then following the curve of where the darkness blends into the rest of the face. What this does is help create the illusion of even skin, the dark circles blend into the skin rather than are just highlighted. I did an awful drawing on paint trying to demonstrate this but I realized this isn't an email and I can't just upload a picture haha.:o

This is going to sound silly, but in this world where all women are constantly scrutinizing themselves, it's important for ourselves to accept our flaws. Although I wish I didn't have dark circles, I try to spend a lot of time with no make up on, especially grocery trips and errands. There's nothing wrong with looking human.

xx

Have you tried using a camouflage cream? I use artdeco and I use it for shading & contouring prior to full make up application. Toucè eclait is only a highlighter not a concealer. So if you wish you could always use that after. Personally I prefer artdeco perfect teint concealer as it really conceals under the eyes, but for extremely dark circles I would try camouflage xx

This seems like a simple answer but I have horrific bags and puffiness when the hayfever season kicks in (started in March this year!) nothing works, I've tried piles cream, tea bags, cucumber everything! I bought Clinique airbrush concealer for under my eyes and it's incredible for the dark circles. It doesn't sort out my puffiness but it eradicates my circles making me look fresher.

I give it 5*!!xx

Have you tried using a corrector and then concealing on top of that? I have just bought a Mac orange corrector to try on a bride I am doing this year.

Have you tried using a corrector and then concealing on top of that? I have just bought a Mac orange corrector to try on a bride I am doing this year.

This is right, you do need to correct the colour before you conceal but don't use orange, you need a salmon pink colour like cherriedlove mentioned.

I have great results using Bobbi Brown correctors but do be very careful as you only need a tiny amount or they will crease.

No one that posted about having very dark circles mentioned how much water they drink? I was always taught that this makes a big difference?

X

This is right, you do need to correct the colour before you conceal but don't use orange, you need a salmon pink colour like cherriedlove mentioned.

I have great results using Bobbi Brown correctors but do be very careful as you only need a tiny amount or they will crease.

No one that posted about having very dark circles mentioned how much water they drink? I was always taught that this makes a big difference?

X

I drink around 4 litres of water a day, it doesn't make a difference to mine.

Treatment of darkness around eyes depends on the cause and skin type.

Darkness caused by broken capillaries showing through the delicate skin of the eye on a pale skin type. Appears like bruising, can be helped by not getting dehydrated, vitamin k to area to strengthen and telieve bruised effect. Light drainage massage to improve and release toxins and getting enough sleep. exacerbated by lifestyle choices. pic below ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398423531.663845.jpg

Hereditary or genetic cause, hyperpigmentation, an excess of melanin in this area, no amount of sleep, water etc... Will aid this cause! Pic below ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398423631.714332.jpg
Instead there are different treatment options to lighten the pigmentation but in a darker skin type, also including pale middle eastern and asian skin this must be addressed with caution because of the predisposition to hyperpig following peels and injury.

Occasionally in a skin type 3 there is a combination of causes. Such as myself. I will see improvement to the bruised effect with drinking enough, sleep etc...however the pigmentation remains, therefore a specific treatment should be carried out seperately for this issue.

Therefore before giving advice it is important to understand the underlying cause of the issue

Edit. Forgot to mention loss of volume which can increase appearance of both. This is where the use of fillers, tear trough filling can aid this issue but usually alongside other treatments to address other cause(s)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back