Unplumbed pedicure bowl question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I just got my pedicure equipment set up in the salon and have my first pedicure appointment this weekend.

My station is a nice leather cushy chair and a beautiful hammered copper foot basin. Pedicure Bowls

My question is the best way to fill it with water. This is what I have been thinking....

I bought some nice smooth river rocks to put in the bottom. I also got some of the hot stone massage rocks to be able to offer that as well. I bought two 1 QT carafes to fill with hot water to pour into the bowl during the pedicure if it gets too cool, but they do not hold enough to use to fill it up intially. I think it would be too heavy to fill at the sink and walk with....

Im thinking about filling it up maybe a 1/3 of the way, take it to the station and use a nice pitcher to fill it the rest of the way when the client is seated? How does that sound?

I just hate that I'm still trying to work out the details of how its going to work when I have a new client coming in this saturday. Its one of the first non-friends and family pedicures I have done outside of school. I'm nervous :)

I also work a full time job outside of the salon while I buid clientelle so I probably wont have time to do another pedicure to test run it all before this lady comes in. Maybe one :confused:

Any experience with this among you ladies? Thoughts on my plan? Thanks!

I just got my pedicure equipment set up in the salon and have my first pedicure appointment this weekend.

My station is a nice leather cushy chair and a beautiful hammered copper foot basin. Pedicure Bowls

My question is the best way to fill it with water. This is what I have been thinking....

I bought some nice smooth river rocks to put in the bottom. I also got some of the hot stone massage rocks to be able to offer that as well. I bought two 1 QT carafes to fill with hot water to pour into the bowl during the pedicure if it gets too cool, but they do not hold enough to use to fill it up intially. I think it would be too heavy to fill at the sink and walk with....

Im thinking about filling it up maybe a 1/3 of the way, take it to the station and use a nice pitcher to fill it the rest of the way when the client is seated? How does that sound?

I just hate that I'm still trying to work out the details of how its going to work when I have a new client coming in this saturday. Its one of the first non-friends and family pedicures I have done outside of school. I'm nervous :)

I also work a full time job outside of the salon while I buid clientelle so I probably wont have time to do another pedicure to test run it all before this lady comes in. Maybe one :confused:

Any experience with this among you ladies? Thoughts on my plan? Thanks!

First I have to say I think it sound lush so it is important to make sure that you make a ceremony of filling the bowl that goes along with the lush look and feel of the pedicure station. (a plastic bucket just will not do :lol:)

So, I would fill the bowl a third or so full with hot water a good 10 minutes before your client comes and add some wonderful smelling oils or foot soak so that it smells delicious. She can then sit and compose herself and put her feet into the bowl and you could then come through with that pitcher ready with more warm water to pour over her lower legs and into the bowl and then get started. I think that sounds lovely and spa like and very relaxing. If you need to add more you can do it at the appropriate time and in the same way.

Emptying it out might be a bit of a chore but you can always take out a pitcher or two before returning the bowl to the cleaning area for sanitation etc. AFTER the client has gone hopefully.

I have a coal scuttle that I got from TkMaxx in brown with roses on it. When the client puts their feet into the bowl, I then tip a little in and then s-l-o-w-l-y pour the water in to it so its not so much of a shock of putting your feet in.

I think filling it up 1/3 then topping it up sounds ideal.

Another thing I sometimes do is ladle water over their feet, I have an Indonesian coconut ladle for that.

A handful of salt and flower petals is a nice touch, or a bathbomb.

Ooooh, sounds nice. Thats kind of what I was thinking too....adding essential oils and flowers, etc....

Thanks for the ideas and affirmations. I want to build a reputation for the lushest, cleanest pedicures in town!

Latest posts

Back