Unqualified nail tech?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missb25

Reaction score
Hope this is ok to post here?? Last year I was planning on starting an acrylic course at college. I seen a lady who I had on my Facebook friends list (meant to be a nail tech) was selling a nail kit (2 boxes full) of nsi products for £100, so I thought this would be a great investment, so I borrowed the money from my dad to buy it.

I went to the lady's house around 9pm to pick it up, as she said she had to put her children to bed, so I arrived and she handed over 2 boxes which were taped up, she closed the door quite quickly and said her daughter has woken so she needed to see to her.
So I got in my car and started to open the boxes I seen a few nsi products on top and set off. I got home 10mins later and started taking everything out of the boxes to check. I was in complete shock there was 3 nsi attraction tubs that were filled with sugar- yes sugar! All the other products were Used nail files, cheap gels from eBay that had all been used and had gone all hard,about 20 half used packets of cheap coloured nails tips.. The list goes on!

As u can imagine I was furious so I drove back to her house and she wouldn't answer the door, I phoned the police but because I hadn't signed anything as it was a private sale they wouldn't do anything! So I messaged her on Facebook, she replied back with swearing & threats to phone the police to get me done for harassment l, so I posted on Facebook what she had done. I had over 40 messages from ladies saying that they had their nails done by her and they fell off the next day they asked for a refund from her and she replied with abuse then blocked them.
She takes nail pictures off other ladies profiles of their work and posts them as her own, she has also changed her Facebook group name about 10 times as she does this to people, I've just been on Facebook and I had a friend request ( on my business page) I accepted and its her.
. Now I'm feeling very angry that she is still doing this to genuine honest people! I know she's not insured and properly not even qualified! What should I do leave her too it? Or report her?

Last edited by a moderator:
You could report her but let karma take over

You do your own thing - don't go to her level

Keep smiling, block her and forget her

Co what your good at

Obviously forgetting the sugar this would of been fine if she listed as 'used odds and ends', But to trick you and refuse a refund is digusting!
Do you have proof (messages) of the transaction? You can take it further if you have proof (as much as possible).
This is theft and a scam!

I don't mean to be unsympathetic but this is why it is best to buy your products from a reputable supplier - can I ask why you didn't check the products before handing over the money?

I think you are going to have to put this down to experience and move on as hard and frustrating as it is.

Major hugs

X x

I'm not too sure if I still have the messages as it was a year ago, ill have a look. I'm more annoyed that she is still offering nail services after all the people she has scammed! Surely she can get in trouble for not having insurance? Or so I thought. X

Latest posts

Back