Unsplash.com-what am I doing wrong?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freelancetrainer

Reaction score
[emoji112]Hello!!

I thought I’d make a start towards collecting free to use images and have so far looked at IM Free and Unsplash. I must be doing something wrong but can’t for the life of me think what.

I’m trying to find images of wax, hair removal wax, waxing different parts of the body yet all I get is maybe 2 relevant images and the rest are of moons! Even when I search for beauty images I just get a lot of rubbish. Ie: unrelated images or very vague such as an image of a salon or just a pretty girl. Almost nothing to choose from.

People on here seemed to think there was a large choice of images but I’m not finding that at all. I’ve gone into the explore section and the collections but nothing really relevant to waxing or beauty. Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

There isn't that great of a collection for specific things. It's more just for 'general' beauty images. This is the downside to free images, you spend a lot of time searching for what you want and may not find it. All the best stuff is paid for.

Have you considered taking pictures of your own work? IMO they are real and let potential clients see the quality of your work!

Yes I’ll do a lot of that. I just thought a few professional images for general info pages, tether than before and after etc. I’ll probably get a photographer to take a few photos for me too.

Yes I’ll do a lot of that. I just thought a few professional images for general info pages, tether than before and after etc. I’ll probably get a photographer to take a few photos for me too.

Honestly the most professional looking ones are your own. Nothing more off putting than a generic spa photo. I’m fully confident you can make a good start without spending extra on all photographer straight away. I did all my own and still use my phone for 99% of them. The right apps can make a big difference, add words to them so they can be links without additional paragraphs on the page.

Here’s some ideas:

Make a Pinterest page with photo styles you like, such as positions of the model, set ups etc to attempt with a friend.

A nice set up of your trolley with a clean wax pot and pretty products says way more than any old stock in a pot.

Your couch set up ready, photo of a bundle of your colour towels rolled up.

So many ways to get creative with it.

Good luck xx

Hi yes I’ve done lots of that and looks like I’ll continue with that. Thank you.

Latest posts

Back