Unusual lines across nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam.T

Reaction score
So I do a lady who has shellac on and the last time I removed it after 3 weeks she had all these unusual lines across her nails like they were peeling... So we applied another colour and today she's had removal but left them off for a few weeks to breathe so I've taken a pic of them to see if anyone can help with what it could be? It's only on a few nails her thumbs are perfect she is a cleaner and does wear gloves a lot and her cuticles and hands are very dry. It's baffling as I've never come across it before. Her nails have broken a lot too.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    819.7 KB · Views: 85
It looks like trauma to me ... also nails cannot breathe, they are dead ;-)

She hasnt mentioned anything its just random as it's a few and not all... The breathe conversation with clients lol!!!

It looks like trauma to me ... also nails cannot breathe, they are dead ;-)

I agree, I think she's bashed them and the marks are from the natural nail bending, so it's trauma. Probably because they are growing long with the added protection of the Shellac overlay.

Gloves are fine for protecting the nails and product from chemicals but I find they can be more of a hinderance by causing damage. The fingers get sweaty and hot, the nails get damp and flexible and bend, this causes product to separate and damage occurs.

I agree, I think she's bashed them and the marks are from the natural nail bending, so it's trauma. Probably because they are growing long with the added protection of the Shellac overlay.

Gloves are fine for protecting the nails and product from chemicals but I find they can be more of a hinderance by causing damage. The fingers get sweaty and hot, the nails get damp and flexible and bend, this causes product to separate and damage occurs.
so would bashing them cause the damage to the nails like this? one hand was worse than the other and i had previously cut them down as she had said they were too long and bendy. interesting one about the gloves as obviously aftercare is to wear them but would that be on a one off washing up/cleaning occasion than wearing them constant as your job involves cleaning?

so would bashing them cause the damage to the nails like this? one hand was worse than the other and i had previously cut them down as she had said they were too long and bendy. interesting one about the gloves as obviously aftercare is to wear them but would that be on a one off washing up/cleaning occasion than wearing them constant as your job involves cleaning?

I bet the damage is on her dominant hand, as it's the one she uses for cleaning mostly.

Cleaners will always be the bane of your life, they are so hard on their nails it's virtually impossible to keep anything on them long term. Gloves are great, take them off when you don't need to be wearing them

I bet the damage is on her dominant hand, as it's the one she uses for cleaning mostly.

Cleaners will always be the bane of your life, they are so hard on their nails it's virtually impossible to keep anything on them long term. Gloves are great, take them off when you don't need to be wearing them
Thanks for your replies very helpful glad it's not me or the polish

Latest posts

Back