Urban Decay beauty assistant-help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hausofhana

Reaction score
Basically I've got a trial shift/interview to be a makeup counter assistant with Urban Decay. I need to travel to a nearby city to take part in an audition: I have 1 hour to traffic stop as many people as I can and get them sitting down for a trial/consultation.*

So question #1: How do I stop shoppers without being harsh, pushy but still pleasant and assertive?*

I have no retail or makeup experience so I am a bit nervous about being thrown in the deep end and having to convince a total stranger to let me put makeup on her!*

The dress code is described to me as:*

"Show us your version of a professional Urban Junkie! Current, stylish black is our preference. No trainers, uggs, flip flops, or sportswear."

Question #2: Any ideas what I should wear? Hair and makeup styles?*

And finally, does anyone who's done this before have any advice for me working in this sector? Anyone worked for UD?

Thankyou girls so much. I can never stay off SG too long, you girls are far too helpful!

x

Can't help too much but for clothes, I would think like black leggings or jeans with pumps and a nice black top. Urban decay have make up looks on there website so maybe take a look on there and copy some of them. Sorry I could be more helpful. X

Oh and try making eye contact with people walking by. It's much easer to strike up a conversation that way. X

Failing that ask all your friends to walk by throughout the day and pretend to be strangers haha. X

Failing that ask all your friends to walk by throughout the day and pretend to be strangers haha. X

lol I was going to say this too, :)

you will be fine I am sure, you obviously care and are worried about being good which is a brilliant sign

Good luck and dont worry too much x:hug:

I had actually considered this but it's in another city :( thanks girls xxx

Try and style yourself as close to the people who work on urban decay counters

they're basically attractive people with an edgy warm friendly personality

make yourself a little fashion forward

the same with your hair and make-up

one of the trends at the mo in make up is pink... you could go for a strong pink lip and work a little into eyeshadow as well

remember the distinction between brands - if you look at mac staff they are coated thick in make-up lol but urban decay is a bit cooler and edgy and staff are very approachable so come across as warm and friendly as possible

one the day - to stop people - smile smile smile- be laffy and happy with people...remember the challenge on this is not to know make-up inside out its just to get people onto the seat...be the very best most confident version of yourself

avoid looking desperate to get someone lol don't panic...if you're warm and friendly you will get someone.... also...target the urban decay target customer...theyre more likely to stop

good luk!!!

I don't think it went too well.

I got three people to sit and made no sales, the girl who is hiring didn't seem particularly interested in what I had to say afterwards and was hurrying me away.

I'm a bit gutted as I would have liked the job, but I got the feeling I won't be getting hired by UD anytime soon!

Ah well, c'est la vie x

Latest posts

Back