URGENT Customer Street?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the same company phone me and like you I was tempted but when I tried to find them as easily as she had promised on the net I couldn't even find the beauty side to it so I would be wary as if you can't find something and you know the exact site your future clients are hardly going to stumble across it.....!!
Good luck!
:hug:

I agree, lets look at the website that they provide.
for all we know, you could work for this company!
Thats what i assumed since it was his 1st post and he'd only joined that day :eek:

You shouldn't be so short sighted, advertising with Customer Street is not putting one big advert in one place at all, the package they offer allows you to emcompass the whole of the internet, wherever anybody is searching (Google, Yahoo, AskJeeves, 3 major directories, trade register) your company is exposed, and the website they create gives you 10 key phrases to use so that you get your own independent exposure on top of the directory results!! You can choose to spend £100 on a pretty small advert in the local paper where you don't have any targeted audience, you just keep your fingers crossed and hope that people see your advert. Or, you can have an extremely low risk and benefit from targeted customers who are typing in specific key phrases that relate to what you do in your business (and come on lets admit it, not many people would type in Beauty Salon Blackpool if they weren't looking for a beauty salon in Blackpool!!!

BT have recently purchased Customer Street and you can find details at BT Customerstreet - A leader in online classified advertising

Now I'm sure a massive £9 billion organisation like BT wouldn't even take an interest in a company that was as bad as what some people think, let alone spend £20 million on them !

Apologie for forgetting to show you the websites.
Google.
Type in:
'colour technicians rushden '
- number one and number two

'body tanning northampton' - number one
'rapid tanning northampton' - number one

Check the very bottom of the website to confirm that they were created and are hosted by uFindus (which is one of the major directories you are prioritised in).

You shouldn't be so short sighted, advertising with Customer Street is not putting one big advert in one place at all, the package they offer allows you to emcompass the whole of the internet, wherever anybody is searching (Google, Yahoo, AskJeeves, 3 major directories, trade register) your company is exposed, and the website they create gives you 10 key phrases to use so that you get your own independent exposure on top of the directory results!! You can choose to spend £100 on a pretty small advert in the local paper where you don't have any targeted audience, you just keep your fingers crossed and hope that people see your advert. Or, you can have an extremely low risk and benefit from targeted customers who are typing in specific key phrases that relate to what you do in your business (and come on lets admit it, not many people would type in Beauty Salon Blackpool if they weren't looking for a beauty salon in Blackpool!!!

BT have recently purchased Customer Street and you can find details at BT Customerstreet - A leader in online classified advertising

Now I'm sure a massive £9 billion organisation like BT wouldn't even take an interest in a company that was as bad as what some people think, let alone spend £20 million on them !

This guys works for them you can tell, If you read other posts from Customer street management to angry and ripped of Customers its the same word for word lol

All BT did was pay to own thereTrade listings not the Customer Street company.

Whats the name of your company again, where are you based HHMmmm

have just had someone call me from a company called customer street, they are an online promotion company. What they have told me sounds good, but i have been stung in the past!!! They are charging £199 plus £29.99 p/m. Has anyone heard of them and do you think its a good idea. I am desperate to pull in more clients, but don't want to chuck away hundreds of pounds!!!
dont do it.........google ufindus/iomart and look at the hundreds of complaints.....

Yes, both of the above. I don't understand whats gone wrong! I have tried everything I can think of my website is Lippi ltd if you have time could you take a look and see if am am pricing myself right??[/quote]

Hi Carley,

Well done on your website. It's really classy and modern; I love it! Personally, I think your prices are spot on (for my area anyway!) :hug:

Seems pricey. I'd personally expect a measurable benefit to my business for that amount of cash; so if they could offer you something of real business value, e.g. online appointment booking, SMS appointment reminders, etc, then it might be worth it; otherwise you'd probably be best saving that amount of money from your salon's expenditure in the current economic climate!

quite blatantly Matt is a rep for Customer Street, these type of reps really piss me off going on forums and lying. Bugger off and just do a good job to get new customers, dont lie all over the place!

I did not have a good experience with customer street, the web page they produced for me had spelling mistakes and was bad had lots of information on it that was not relevant to me. The search engines they use you can get a free listing and they also took money from my account which I had not authorised. I did not get any business from them and took a while to sort out the issue's I had.

I would not recommend them to any one

Hi I've had my website built by customer street, great value for money. It's run by BtT.

Your website is lovely and your prices are in line with those in my area. It seems that you have a lot of focus on weddings and that season has yet to kick off this year and Jan/Feb have been quiet for me too but it's starting to pick up now.

When did you start out? If it's recently the you have to perservere as it takes a long time to get well established. Don't give any money to these kind of schemes as you'll get no more business than you would from a leaflet drop or a free Yell.com listing.

Sassy did a great guide to advertising on here (sorry can't find it now but I know it's in here somewhere!).

DO NOT GIVE UP!

Em x:hug:

Personally, i find that hardly anyone uses directories. I am in yell.com and the actual book, but find its actually a waste of money. It depends on your area. Im in a large village/small town and find most of my business is locals that see or hear about you. For internet use i typed my salon name to google and went through each individual listing and added details to it. All free of charge, but it just took time. all the other methods of business i find work well, but one thing i dont beleive that works is money off on adverts. I used to do this all the time but then actually realised no one used them! Do a free treatment and have it open to everyone. I am also having an open day soon. It will be advertised for treatments trials. ie one nail in gel or acrylic if a client has never had the treatment. 90% of clients who have had a one nail trial have booked. x

Oh and my website, i did myself on mrsite.com all you pay is £35 for a year and thats it! www.melbournesunrooms.com

Latest posts

Back