Using beauty couch for home salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicky-Steele

Reaction score
Hi, a bit of a weird one. I am planning on setting up a salon at home offering nails, eyelash and eyebrow treatments, tanning and waxing. Obviously I will use a nail desk for nails, but as for the eyelashes, eyebrows etc...I have a leather couch, that I can lay flat (sofa bed) and it can recline. Would I be able to get away with using this for treatments or will insurance etc only cover a proper beauty couch? The only thing I can think that is an issue is that it is lower than a beauty couch, but if I sit on a stool should be fine. The only reason I'm asking this is I have friends who are mobile who ask clients to lay on their own couch....so if it's OK for mobile is it ok for home salon?
Thank you

I can't see how you could wax someone's legs if they're lying on a settee, you'll be bent over and uncomfortable. And to be honest if I went somewhere to get my legs waxed and they told me to lie myself down on their sofa, I'd probably be out of there.

A home salon (in my opinion) should be just as professional as a high street salon if you want to be taken seriously.

I work from home, and I have it set up as a salon. I have top salon products and have invested in quality equipment and furniture. This is what people expect and this is what will keep clients coming back. In a world fuelled by reviews, you have to be as professional as possible.

I recently moved from mobile to home salon. I have continued to be professional from wearing a uniform to using the right equipment. I don't think it is giving the right impression if you expect clients to lay on a sofa. If you use the room for family outside of working hours, invest in a portable therapy couch so that you can fold it away after use.

Absolutely agree... it needs to look and be a professional treatment room .. xx

Latest posts

Back