Using callus peel as a mobile treatment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nats5125

Reaction score
Hello
I'm going to start using callus peel and am fully mobile.

Please can you share your set up for me if you use this treatment as a mobile treatment also?

I don't have a bed, I usually do pedicures with both of us sat on kitchen chairs but feel I wouldn't be able to scrape the skin effectively enough if I'm holding the leg with my other hand.

And when doing a pedi after the callus peel, do you exfoliate and then apply the callus peel cream, or so you eliminate the exfoliation because is the effectiveness of the treatment?

Thanks in advance x

Hi Nats5125,

I have no real problems doing the scraping on my pedicure chair, or on a regular chair if I'm mobile. I imagine it's easier with client on a couch/bed but since I haven't got one I just do it without!

Re buffing: I quickly buff the foot dry before applying the Callus Peel, then after the treatment I buff again to be sure I get everything off. Whilst the Callus Peel is on (wrapped in cling film) I do the cuticle work. I don't offer it as a stand alone anymore as everyone wants the cuticle work done too. Great treatment!

HTH! :)

Hi Nats5125,

I have no real problems doing the scraping on my pedicure chair, or on a regular chair if I'm mobile. I imagine it's easier with client on a couch/bed but since I haven't got one I just do it without!

Re buffing: I quickly buff the foot dry before applying the Callus Peel, then after the treatment I buff again to be sure I get everything off. Whilst the Callus Peel is on (wrapped in cling film) I do the cuticle work. I don't offer it as a stand alone anymore as everyone wants the cuticle work done too. Great treatment!

HTH! :)

Thanks Swiss sassy!

When you say you buff the foot dry, do you use the buffer from the callus peel pack? Do you apply a fair amount of pressure and do you feel you get a better result compared to not buffing first?

Also, what steps do you use when combining this with a pedicure? With the treatment on, file and do cuticles, but once it's removed, you scrape...then buff. Do you not soak the feet then? Not exfoliate?

TIA x

Hi,

Yes you can use the CP file, they work well. I don't apply much pressure - always gentle and yes I think it gives a better result if there's lots to remove.

Steps my Classic Pedicure with CP:
- gloves on, sanitise, dry buff
- apply CP and wrap in cling film (you can mop up remaining gel from inside of pack on cotton pad and apply to any small patches of hard skin for example side of big toe)
- nails & cuticle work
- remove CP, scrape
- remove any residue CP with paper towel and buff any remaining skin
- Scrubfresh & paint toes
- apply cuticle oil and foot cream

If I was doing it with a Luxury Spa pedi, I would after the scraping & buffing put feet in to soak and carry on from there (exfoliate, masque etc). CP needs to be done on dry feet before any soaking.

I hope I answered your questions OK :)

Hi,

Yes you can use the CP file, they work well. I don't apply much pressure - always gentle and yes I think it gives a better result if there's lots to remove.

Steps my Classic Pedicure with CP:
- gloves on, sanitise, dry buff
- apply CP and wrap in cling film (you can mop up remaining gel from inside of pack on cotton pad and apply to any small patches of hard skin for example side of big toe)
- nails & cuticle work
- remove CP, scrape
- remove any residue CP with paper towel and buff any remaining skin
- Scrubfresh & paint toes
- apply cuticle oil and foot cream

If I was doing it with a Luxury Spa pedi, I would after the scraping & buffing put feet in to soak and carry on from there (exfoliate, masque etc). CP needs to be done on dry feet before any soaking.

I hope I answered your questions OK :)

Thank you so much, this is so helpful...one more question if you don't mind me asking?

How much do you charge for CP with a classic pedi and with a luxury?

At the moment I only do the luxury pedi and charge £20, or £30 with Gelish. I was planning on offering CP as a stand alone treatment for £20 and combining pedi and CP with a £5 discount for the 2. I live in London.

Oh and my final question, I promise, how frequently would clients need CP done? Every 6 weeks or so?

Thanks again, you have been so helpful x

I can't help you with the prices as I don't live in England, but with your order they will give you a treatment price guide, and you could check what other therapists charge in your area.

On the frequency, it would depend on the clients feet. If bad, suggest one and then 2nd one around 3/4 weeks later, and then less frequently with regular pedicures in between.

I'm sure this thread will be useful for you as people discuss CP , the results and prices too.
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/216863-callus-peel-amazing.html?highlight=Callus+Peel+is+amazing

Glad to help, don't hesitate if you have more Q's xx

Latest posts

Back