Using Cream Puff Shellac over acrylics?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
Sorry, I have searched for the answer but can't seem to find it

I have a client in today who needs a backfill but due to her delicate nature lol she sits there cringing and moaning and pulling her fingers back from me all the time as she cannot stand the filing and it takes twice as long as on anyone else. I don't know why it's so bad for her (she is diabetic, she always mentions that, but I have other clients with diabetes who are OK with the filing so . . .?)

It's occured to me I could put her out of her misery (possibly) in the nicest sense.

Could I use cream puff Shellac to do the French tip followed by Shellac top coat? If I did, I know I wouldnt need the base but would I need to use Beau or similar or just do the cream puff onto the acrylic? Don't want to compromise the results by messing around with the two systems but I know she would be grateful if we could find a way that was less painful for her.

She's due later this morning so prompt replies if you can lol

Thanks xxx

Hi
Done this my self before, and can work well.
As you will need the ruff surface to make the shellac addere to the acrylic, i would recomed to use beau or neglige under the cream puff if you need to swipe the smileline to perfection, also then you would only need one coat off cream puff oppose to 2 layer, witch would deffently be nessecary if you dont use a base for the french.

Hope this help.x

Latest posts

Back