Using Creative pics on website

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovenails

Reaction score
Hi I know this topic has been started and closed sometime ago, but I have one question which I didn't seem to find the answer to.

I know that one will need permission from CND before using their official pictures on a website. What if I took the pictures myself from my own camera using my own bottle of (eg) Solar Oil and put it on my own website? Is that still a violation of CND's copyright?

Also does Creative have a policy of selling their polishes & Solar range to persons who do not have prof qualifications at a discounted price?

Think their marketing department will be able to help at leeds on this one...would thought you would need to use their images thought to keep the qualitiy of the product shinning through, but I might be wrong - hth

The marketing department at CND/Designer Nails has spent many years branding Creative and using beautiful imagery. They would have a problem with diy photos.

Most cnd images are available on line to use if you are a registered user.

CND will not wholesale products of any description to unqualified persons.

Thanks for your replies - although I have one more question (sorry to be a pain!). Like non-pros who take Creative's official pics and then put them on ebay or similar sites & they didn't buy their Creative products from CND (coz they're non-pros!) because they got them elsewhere - does that still violate CND's rules, though? Has Creative ever done something about it eg. lawsuit?

ilovenails said:
Thanks for your replies - although I have one more question (sorry to be a pain!). Like non-pros who take Creative's official pics and then put them on ebay or similar sites & they didn't buy their Creative products from CND (coz they're non-pros!) because they got them elsewhere - does that still violate CND's rules, though? Has Creative ever done something about it eg. lawsuit?

Hun I wouldn't let it worry you what others are doing....I'd just concentrate on getting the best images from CND and do your marketing the right way..

Hey ui love nails just noticed your profile you are very shy. :o ..what do you do? is if full time or part time, how long you been doing nails, are you a salon owner or mobile or neither.....come on girl give us a clue :?:

Anyone using CND imagery incorrectly is running a big risk.

CND have their own legal department (backed by Revlon) and have successfully claimed damages many times. They have the money to persue these cases and they do.

Hi
Just Thought I Would Let You Know I Have Just Had My Flyers Done Using The Solarmanicure Image And They Are Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!
It Was Fairly Easy To Do. Well Worth The Extra Bit Of Faffing About Xxx

hi
I am in the process of doing flyers using the download images from creative and the first drafts are fab!

Latest posts

Back