Using Gelish 5-45 lamp with other brands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

La286

Reaction score
Hi there, I currently use the Gelish Pro 5-45 lamp with Gelish products but I was wondering if people who have this have been successful using it with other gel polish. I really like the look of The Gel Bottle colours.

It depends, but probably not. You must follow the instructions of the gel polish manufacturer. Some brands, and most professional brands, are quite specific about what lamp to use, usually one of their own making. Some brands are less specific, only specifying a power level. The Gel Bottle, for example, simply says that a 48 watt lamp is sufficient. But gel polishes and their lamps are designed to work together ensuring the proper wattage, UV range, reflectors, hand placement, and time for the photoinitators used in the polish. A mismatch can result in a less than optimal cure, risks product breakdown, and expose both the tech and the client to uncured gel, a recipe for allergies.

Hi - I have the Gelish 5-45 lamp and have switched to The Gel Bottle and it cures everything fine. You need to do a 60 sec cure rather than the 30 sec with Gelish.

Latest posts

Back