Using glitter with gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachelc

Reaction score
Hi I did my toes with gel polish and glitter yesterday (Rockstar polish) or whatever it's called lol, I did my big toes with a fine gold glitter and they came out fab, but I used a more coarse thicker glitter on the rest of my toes from Claire's it comes in a round tub and says sequins glitter on there, when I cured them under my led lamp I felt a burning sensation and they came out quite rough and not smooth like the other glitter I used on my big toes. Is it because the glitters too coarse? Are you only supposed to used the fine glitters under the led lamp? X

Not sure I going to test this out on myself too!

Beauty at your finger tips!

I have a few pots of quite course glitter which is more like flakes then dust if you get what I mean, and it's always fine except I use two layers of topcoat and lightly buff with my boomerang or a block buffer to get the rough edges away, sorry to jump on your post but what's peoples opinions on adding glitter to gel polish... Do you cure it in the second layer of colour or add it after curing the second layer so it sticks to the inhibition layer then apply the top coat straight to it and cure?? Xxxx

I have a few pots of quite course glitter which is more like flakes then dust if you get what I mean, and it's always fine except I use two layers of topcoat and lightly buff with my boomerang or a block buffer to get the rough edges away, sorry to jump on your post but what's peoples opinions on adding glitter to gel polish... Do you cure it in the second layer of colour or add it after curing the second layer so it sticks to the inhibition layer then apply the top coat straight to it and cure?? Xxxx

This is what I did:

1. Base coat and cure
2.1 coat of colour then cure
3. 2nd coat of colour then applied the glitter, then cured
4. Then 2 layers of top coat cured and finally wiped over

My method is- Basecoat- cure, 1xColour- cure, apply glitter to inhibition layer brush off excess & burnish well, apply zilionaire or clearly pink- cured, topcoat :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back