Using Kool Aid for Nail Stain

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MstrssMe

Reaction score
nlvg50.jpg

I just purchased the above 2 items from eBay and will be attempting to stain my nails a dark red. I've scoured the net high and low for any stories people have shared but I can't find didly. Anyone here ever hear of this use for Kool Aid?

Hello All, I'm Mst~ thank you for any and all replies on this!

ADD: I want a pretty nail color that can last a long time, way longer than nail polish. I'm going to experiment and see what Kool Aid can do to achieve this. Stain a couple times to get a dark red, then after it's dry and clean, use a top coat for shine. I'm excited! :p

Last edited:
LMFAO

ADD: I want a pretty nail color that can last a long time, way longer than nail polish. I'm going to experiment and see what Kool Aid can do to achieve this. Stain a couple times to get a dark red, then after it's dry and clean, use a top coat for shine. I'm excited! :p
On a more serious (professional note..)

Kool aid is water soluble... remember nails allow water to pass through far faster than skin - I can imagine that they would soak out the colour VERY quickly...

Have you tried Shellac? Lasts far better than traditional nail polish...

smileyslaughing_lol_computer_100-100.gif

Absolutely incredible find for the subject! Thanks :D

Kool aid is water soluble... remember nails allow water to pass through far faster than skin - I can imagine that they would soak out the colour VERY quickly...

Have you tried Shellac? Lasts far better than traditional nail polish...

Hmm see I know so little about nails! I didn't know about how much water they are able to let pass through them.

Envy, are you saying that it isn't possible to do a good dye job on your nails? I was going to also put a long lasting chip free top coat on afterwards, and of course maintain that. Lol no bueno? >_<

Last edited:
I guess what I'm saying is:

if it were possible to get a good 'dye job' for nails then there would be a professional version available... as there isn't I'm going to say that any idea that gets cooked up along the way is just a 'wives tale' for what works..

There are so many good professional solutions that can last weeks before maintenance - even a high quality polish applied professionally can last weeks :)

You can spend a fortune on crazy ideas that ultimately lead you back to getting it done by someone who dedicates their business to giving you beautiful long lasting services..

hth's

if it were possible to get a good 'dye job' for nails then there would be a professional version available...

BAHAHHAA! Well folks what ever you do I highly suggest you never ever try this or lest your cuticles be ruined for a week! I did it it 3 days ago on my left index finger and this is the pict from 3 days later. >_<

24zgplg.jpg

All it did was stain my cuticles LOL! *snorts* Just another one of my :idea: gone to poop.

BAHAHHAA! Well folks what ever you do I highly suggest you never ever try this or lest your cuticles be ruined for a week! I did it it 3 days ago on my left index finger and this is the pict from 3 days later. >_<

24zgplg.jpg

All it did was stain my cuticles LOL! *snorts* Just another one of my :idea: gone to poop.

Lol!! Don't worry ... I don't think any of us were rushing off to try this out! :lol:

Latest posts

Back