Using Shellac and Gelish side by side

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whitesands

Reaction score
Does anyone offer their clients shellac alongside gelish? Or has gone from shellac to just gelish?

I currently offer just shellac, but as im hearing more and more good things about gelish - especially its longevity im tempted to start stocking some to see how it goes - and if it goes well stock both or if really well get rid of my shellac altogether?

Appreciate your opinions x

Unforunately I can't help you with this one, as I'm also in a quandry but the other way round.

At first I had a few Shellac colours but since starting my salon I started to use Gelish and have now built my collection up to 59 colours and haven't touched Shellac since back then.

Now I'm wondering if I should also use Shellac alongside my Gelish. I like the idea of being a CND branded salon as Nail Harmony don't do pedicure ranges etc, but my clients like Gelish.

I'd be interested to hear everyone's thoughts on this and as a both together or just one system rather than a Gelish or Shellac debate.

I use both too, started with Gelish and after hearing so much nice things on here about shellac brought the love package, and my clients love both, with Gelish I've brought the colours that shellac don't have I.e neon, holiday, love in bloom collections etc and the students love these colours, And vice versa with shellac, i wear shellac as it suits me best especially with brisa lite.

So win win for me, in my area.:D

I offer both but it's very rare I do Gelish, to be honest I just prefer to work with Shellac, I find it quicker to do and easier to remove. Though Gelish is good, they both have their pros and cons, it's just personal preference

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I do both. I prefer to work with Shellac too but my clients seem to prefer Gelish. Maybe it's because I started with Gelish and that's what they're used to who knows!

I use both. I have my colour pops on display and let my client choose by colour and then tell them if it is Shellac or Gelish and explain the subtle differences (which in my experience are minimal in terms of wear). I love applying both products and honestly couldn't choose between them. Shellac is easier to remove and slightly quicker to apply as there are less steps....but Gelish has more colour choice (without layering) and the consistency is great across the whole range I have found. I couldn't choose between them so have both and no regrets.

None of my clients are biased towards Shellac or Gelish - they are equally well known and equally popular in my area.

HTH :)

I have a larger collection of Shellac and a few Gelish, majority of my clients prefer Shellac but I have a few with psoriasis/thyroid problems who seem to get longer lasting results from Gelish.
I like the application of both too.

Both for me! I love both they are very different colour ranges, the slight difference in application doesn't worry me and I have had the best results in terms of length if sevice with Gelish. So far, always good to. Have options!

Latest posts

Back