UV lamp from eBay

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cathill

Reaction score
Has anyone ever bought and used a nail lamp off e-bay? There's hundreds for a quarter of the price you pay in wholesaler I know a few girls that are using them with no problems!

It depends on what you want to use it for. I'd only use one as a doorstop.

I take pride in my work and my clients know that none of my stock or equipment is sourced from auction sites. They trust me.

That said, the college where I did my beauty training (this year) do offer Shellac without using the CND lamp. That's a disgrace.

I got one when I first started out, I started off as a DIYer and loved it... Until a month later it sparked at the plug and never worked again. I started training and got myself one from salon services, no problems yet :) xx

I'm not getting one! I use the IBD lamp but was just interested to hear views on it.

Actually I've just read a thread on the CND lamp ! Sounds disastrous for lots of geeks

I'm not getting one! I use the IBD lamp but was just interested to hear views on it.

Ok, ok. I just gave you my view and I certainly wasn't rude.

Lots of ppl recommend against but I also know lots of qualified nail techs who have bought off eBay with no issues...but at the end of the day, if it works it works, if it doesn't then that's a risk everyone takes with eBay. I say why not! Especially if ye are starting out and money can be low on the ground at these times. Gd luck;-)

Lots of ppl recommend against but I also know lots of qualified nail techs who have bought off eBay with no issues...but at the end of the day, if it works it works, if it doesn't then that's a risk everyone takes with eBay. I say why not! Especially if ye are starting out and money can be low on the ground at these times. Gd luck;-)

But isnt that the point; that you don't know whether it's working? You can't see undercuring so you can't be sure it works.

Yes the lamps can be expensive but they are the very part of the service that makes your product work. Why invest in products but not the lamp, I'll never understand

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Never said you were rude?! 😳thanks for your input. 😘

When I 1st started I had a gellux lamp which cost me just under £100 it was fab that the gel cured in 30seconds. I then stopped doing beauty and sold all my stuff. Iv just started off again and because money is low I bought a uv lamp which only cost me £12 to try out. It works just as well, one of my clients has had her gel on over 2 weeks and has been on a holiday to Spain. I only bought it until I build my business up again but I really couldn't complain. Only downside is that it takes 2mins to cure which seems like a lifetime when waiting on nails to cure hahah. Xxx

That's just the point I was making about the CND lamp tho as there are lots of people saying they've had no end of trouble with it breaking down people having to send it back 3 or 4 times and that's one of the most expensive ones! Why would every lamp on e-bay be naff or not work? Plenty if companies are selling on e-bay these days doesn't mean to say there all dodgy and rubbish.

If you want to buy a lamp from eBay for £12.00 or whatever other price, then buy one.

This is not the correct answer, but you are a professional business lady so are able to make your own decision.

If you do not accept the style of answer which suggests you need the lamp in keeping with the brand - that is also your decision.

It is your business, your clients, and your reputation.

I'm not not accepting it ! I'm just putting questions out there! Deary me. I'm too old to bicker ! 😍spread the love!

I bought a £20 lamp off eBay as a test to use on myself after reading all of these sorts of threads I wanted to see for myself. It is crap, I've only tried shellac with it which was the main one that everybody says needs it's own specific lamp and sure enough it just peels off of natural nails and on top of acrylic after a couple days at the most. But saying that the salon I used to work in uses a generic lamp for shellac, which cost just a little bit more than my £20 one and they have tonnes of shellac clients with no problems.

I'm not not accepting it ! I'm just putting questions out there! Deary me. I'm too old to bicker ! 😍spread the love!

Iv bought off eBay and ones iv had were fine! But u will always run the risk of a lesser product. Everyone always has a different opinion about this topic and can get quite heated lol but sure hey healthy debate! But end of the day u will make your mind up;-)

If you want to buy a lamp from eBay for £12.00 or whatever other price, then buy one.

This is not the correct answer, but you are a professional business lady so are able to make your own decision.

If you do not accept the style of answer which suggests you need the lamp in keeping with the brand - that is also your decision.

It is your business, your clients, and your reputation.

I wasn't asking for your opinion on my choice of lamp wether you think it is right or wrong. I was giving my personal experience on the question asked at the start of this post. Sorry if my "incorrect choices" annoyed you enough to tell me what is right or wrong but like you said my business so I really don't see why you felt the need for the silly remark to my post.

Buy cheap, buy twice.

Buy cheap, buy twice.

unless its CND in which case, buy expensive buy at least every 12 months.

I would say buy smart, and youll buy cheap and once might be a bit better... I wouldnt put ebay under the smart catergory though personally.

I would have never considered an ebay lamp but after 4 cnd ones, if mine breaks again, I will seriously consider other options. I'm so loyal to cnd but I can feel my commitment to them as a brand getting tired after some newer colours need 3 coats, getting files that were not branded after I paid for cnd kanga, top coat brushes falling out of the lid, packing starch disintergrating in my base coat before I've opened it, 7 balls in a bottle of one shellac and basically being called a liar when I took my lamp back with the 2 faulty bulb sockets making out I've dropped it and it's my fault!!! X

I wasn't asking for your opinion on my choice of lamp wether you think it is right or wrong. I was giving my personal experience on the question asked at the start of this post. Sorry if my "incorrect choices" annoyed you enough to tell me what is right or wrong but like you said my business so I really don't see why you felt the need for the silly remark to my post.

Lol.

Thank you for your response.

I wasn't actually answering your post ... I was using the £12.00 example because I recalled reading it as I was writing my post.

I was answering the op who in turn replied to my post.

I am not annoyed by the choices anyone makes, as professionals we are all required to make the best choices and decisions for our businesses.

I answered the OP's question as did you. That's it.

Peace and respect.

Latest posts

Back