Valentines Hols in Rome - Can anyone suggest any sights/restaurants I should visit

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samantha1981

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I'm spending a few days in Rome next week. We're flying out on Wednesday morning (Valentine's Day) and I have got pretty much everything organised. The only thing I haven't done is actually decide what we are going to do when we get there!

We are staying in Rome city centre, in a hotel that overlooks the Pantheon. We will also be walking distance from the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, etc.

If any of you have been to Rome, could you suggest any nice restaurants (preferably not touristy ones!) for a romantic meal on the night? Any other nice cafes for the rest of our stay? Places to avoid?

Any suggestions welcome. Many thanks x

Rome is a fantastic place, busy,vibrant and a very special place to be able to visit. You will find most of the restaurants and cafe's around the central square will charge more but there are also plenty of great restaurants you just have to explore a bit.

Just remember there is no smoking in bars, restos or anywhere if you are a smoker, nice if you are not though. Remember not to leave anything unattended crime is very high.

Try and visit the Borgia palace it really has so much history.

I will try and get some names of nice places to visit and send them to you, my husband knows Rome well so I will ask him.

Hope you have a great time.

Never been but would love to go, I am very jealous, you lucky bunny! How romantic :Kissing:

Ok, here are some nice places to go,

TRENDY PLACES,

Target, Via Torino, 33 near Metro Republicca.

Prado, Via Mameli, 5 Trastereve, popular with footballers.

RESTAURANTS,

Enoteca Antica, Via della croce, near the spanish steps.

Di Fronte A, Via della croce 38, near the spanish steps.

BARS FOR DRINKEPOOS,

Bar del Fico, centro storico.

Zest Es Hotel, Termini, Via F. Turati, 171.

Let me know if you need any other info.

Latest posts

Back