Vampire nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hey, Geeks! Got an interesting question for you all: I'm planning to do a friend's nails for a vampire ball in a couple months, but I'm not really sure what to use to give him the look he wants. We want to do a long stiletto, which is easy enough. But his hands and nails are huge. Gorgeous, but a bit daunting. Do any of you know where I could find tips that may fit him (his nails are a bit flat, too), or have any suggestions on how to create these nails? Any help or ideas at all are greatly appreciated!

Sculpts are the way to go, you can cut and tailor the forms to fit. If a form is not big enough there is also a trick for connecting two forms together to make a wider one. It's often used in cosmetic toenail repair.

Finding extra large tips is pretty hard, they tend to be for toes so won't be long enough to give the right length proportion

That's a great idea! I'd completely forgotten that fusing two forms together was a technique. You're right about the toenail tip, lol. Not exactly the look we're trying to achieve.

Hopefully the forms I have are long enough. (Of course, if not it's no big deal to get others.) Fingers crossed! ;)

Latest posts

Back