VAT Free?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

posh.beauty

Reaction score
Hi does anyone know how does the vat free work?, because I've just bought a few things online and clearly says vat free...subtotal was £120 and then delivery was added ( said free delivery over £50) AND vat was added...:confused: so grand total was more....I've rung up said company and was more confused please can anyone explain?:confused: thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

They actually have to add vat,its the law,but for sale purposes they are taking the same price off that vat would cost, vat in Ireland is 23%,so in otherwords there's 23% off everything. Does that make sense? But they shouldn't have charged you delivery if its stated as free over a certain amount, I would ring and ask for it to be credited to my acc, which will be taken off your next order. Hope you get sorted!

Sent from my HTC One V using SalonGeek mobile app

You can't actually take VAT off. It's just a way of wording a discount, so on those days you receive 20% discount on your goods.

You legally have to pay VAT so they can't remove it just find a way to word their 'sales'

Thank you for clearing that up, was just confusing and they definitely have charged for delivery so will ring up and discuss with them.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back