Very confused; which one to use ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traceykate

Reaction score
Hi I have just joined this very very informative site which is so helpful. I am on a home course by essential nails and then i found Gemma Lambert on Naio, which was 1000 times more informative and helpful, but i am now confused now i have found you guys lol, since coming here i have found lots of negative feedback about naio products as i have about essential nails products, nothing nasty just that both of these companies dont have very good products and there is better out there. Well as i said i am training at home as i am disabled and find it hard to get out and would love to know more about the gels and acrylics i will use but do not know which brands are the better ones to use could anybody please help me. i have searched for weeks online but get a lot of mixed information which is why i am glad you have such a fab site. hope you can help me.
THANK YOU MUCHLY XX :?::p

Hi,

If you are in the middle of the Essential Nails course then you would be advised to stick with their products until you complete it and get proficient. Their course is geared around their products so best to stick to them.
Gemma Lambert is a well respected tech in the Nail Industry, however I have never heard of Naio products, they may well be new to the market !
After you have completed your course and are getting more confident then you could look to upgrading your products, although if you are getting good results with the Dream products you could stick with them. It is not a bad product range just a low end one.

Premium products, which are more advanced, with great workability and longevity are brands like CND, EzFlow,Harmony and Young Nails to name a few.
If you are planning to take this up as a career and run a business then I would look into converting to one of these brands.

Hope this helps.

Hi Thank you so much for such a speedy reply. Yes you have helped me loads. i have put nails on friends and have had great feedback from them and their friends want to be guinea pigs too, which is great for the confidence, and to be honest i am pleased with what i have done so far i have very much surprised myself to be honest. I will look up the products you have suggested and will probably get them at the end of my course.
So glad i found this site though, its a great credit to you all who help us novices.
Thank you muchly and no doubt will be back with another question lol.
Thanks xx

A lot of the premium products cannot be bought without training in their use, a conversion course as all systems have their own idiosyncrasies, CND in particular.

Hi there
I just did a brilliant L and P conversion course with the wonderful Keaton Patel in the London CND offices, but I would think that all CND courses throughout the country would be a standard thing. I have done L & P before but did not want to switch brands without the company workshop and I ended up learning a lot more about the art of building nails than I expected as well as how to use the CND L & P. I have attended a Brisa Gel course with him also. He is really thorough and CND products are a pleasure to work with. When you are more experienced and considering investing in a more upmarket product then you may want to look into this company but I would also agree that you should see your Essential Nails course through to the end. I am doing the free hand nail art course with Essential (as taught by Kirsty Meakin) and I am really impressed.
Good Luck! You are studying the best job in the world and I wish you loads of success.

:pi see what the conversion course comments are for now another big thank you, As soon as i have finished my training i will do them then.
many thanks xx:p

You're very welcome, enjoy your course and we will be here when you need any help, there is a wealth of knowledge on this site and some fab tutorials.

Thank you both for the information. I am going to see the course to the end, if i didnt hubby would not be best pleased lol, i love doing the nails so much more than i thought i would and i cannot wait for the next guinea to come along, i am not charging anythong as i am only training although i did see on here that there are some people who do charge even though they are training so not sure whether i should start saying £5 while i am training to cover time products lots of tea and conversation lol.
You are right it is the best job my last career was in millions £'s of stock and forward stock planning and i loved that, and running a friends nightclub untill the hit and run which left me disabled and in a chair now but lots of other health issues too, but i really really love this wish i had done it years ago. thanks again guys you are a great help. Speak soon no doubt. All the best Tracey xx:p:p:p:D

Latest posts

Back