Very old Nail Competition photos

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got second (politics), the hinge on one pinkie cracked, (I made 8 of them on the floor, even the hinges were made from acrylic), the thumbnails squirted blood as the hands crawled across the table by themselves.

Many of my nail art pic have to be explained (as they actually do things).

jan01.jpg

Me explaining to the judges
jan02.jpg

I never wore many clothes back in those days
nailz02.jpg

this one made a fountain (my garden of Eden) from the nails, the nails were normal, then the second tier was upside down, which flowed into an acrylic pond molded onto the nail (when this filled), it flowed down another upside down nail into a pond filled with ducks, lillypads, flowers and frogs all made from acrylic, (as the water bubbled the frog turned around on the lillypad) the overflow fed into another pond kinda like rapids), then the overflow from the second pond fed into a bucket and was pumped back up and into the nails . Live snakes at a nail comp and all I wore was a figleaf:)

fountain.jpg

the same thing presented on a mannequins hand.

My aim was to find different "uses" for nails, not just decorate them.

ash.jpg

Got this idea sitting on the toilet (we had a marble floor) and I removed a slab just to take to the competitions.

carl if you only came 2nd, just out of curiosity what the bloody hell came 1st in that comp??...i cant imagine what could have possibly beaten your nails

Latest posts

Back