views on bonded hair extention or using a clamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nadia_hair

Reaction score
i do bonded extentions but now thinking ov using a clamp i usually use a racoon glue gun whats the best do u think n do you buy just nail tip extentions which are pre bonded and what would you charge im self employed.

i do bonded extentions but now thinking ov using a clamp i usually use a racoon glue gun whats the best do u think n do you buy just nail tip extentions which are pre bonded and what would you charge im self employed.

Hi Nadia,

When you say a clamp do mean the Micro links?
If so then the quickest way is with the pre bonded stick tips or if you are used to prebonding yourself then you can pre bond weft or loose hair but quite tricky to get the right thickness to fit inside the link alongside the hair. x

no its just called a nail tip extention clamp if you type it in google it will come up some one i know just had it done to them but it looks alot eaiser to do and not so tricky but money wise i think i would have to charge more a lot more.

Sorry was having a blonde moment,
I use the prebonded method and its great , as long as you have high quality hair and bonds. i would highly recommend it.
I wouldnt think you would have to charge more though as any hair costs that differ would be made up for in time saved.

Last edited:
does anyone know a good suppler of bulk hair not pre bonded apart from racoon ?

Yer halo type remmy halo hair there amazin and the hair is soo good .
Ahh thanks i charge 200 for a full head which to be honest isnt much is it?

Yes Lush Us do excellent hair. And their pre-bonds are super too. Glue is great.

Do you mean hair on a weft or loose bulk?
If its loose bulk then Prostyles do some lovely hair (best to get their virgin hair) they are one of the suppliers to Lucinder Ellery s in London.
If Weft Hair the Celebrity Elite are hard to beat.

Yes Lush Us do excellent hair. And their pre-bonds are super too. Glue is great.

Hi Linda,
I know you use Lush us regulary and have been having some great results with some of their hair , but have found colour 60 terrible , dry frizzy and breaking any probs with this? sian x

If its loose bulk then Prostyles do some lovely hair (best to get their virgin hair) they are one of the suppliers to Lucinder Ellery s in London.

hiya siansy its loose bulk i phoned prostyle they sent me a sample so ive ordered a colour ring seems good hair i will let you know how i get on thanks :)

hiya siansy its loose bulk i phoned prostyle they sent me a sample so ive ordered a colour ring seems good hair i will let you know how i get on thanks :)

Hi Linda,
I know you use Lush us regulary and have been having some great results with some of their hair , but have found colour 60 terrible , dry frizzy and breaking any probs with this? sian x

Hey siansy, I have Lush-Us 60 in my hair and its started to go quite dry and slightly frizzy... lotsand lots of morrocan oil when its wet and then a nice smoothing balm like the dumb blonde smoothing stuff sorts it right out hope this helps
xox

Hi Sharon, i know a couple of people who can supply u but not sure of their prices and quality. however most of our clients buy human remy hair extension from them and they are really good. i could find out some more information for you if you are still searching?

Hi Sharon, i know a couple of people who can supply u but not sure of their prices and quality. however most of our clients buy human remy hair extension from them and they are really good. i could find out some more information for you if you are still searching?

hiya there yes could you im going to give prostyle a try but it would be good to have other to try as well thanks :):)

Why not buy the hair on weft,and glue it in yourself?
I find this a far quicker way,and you get to choose the exact thickness of the piece your putting in, i personally find it alot better.
And i think lush us are by far the best ive ever used, and ive been going almost 10 years, cant be beaten on price : )

Hey siansy, I have Lush-Us 60 in my hair and its started to go quite dry and slightly frizzy... lotsand lots of morrocan oil when its wet and then a nice smoothing balm like the dumb blonde smoothing stuff sorts it right out hope this helps
xox
Thanks Sarah, I use and supply the macadamia hair oil so will give some of this to the client. its a shame as she also has colour 6 and 18 which seem to be ok .
Im just so used to higher quality hair than lush us so clients dont usually have to spend to much on maintenance. x

Siansy ive also found that my hair goes back to a nice cond once ive washed it, as i'm lazy and only get round to it 1/2 times a week, so that also might be where there going wrong.
Can you not get 60 from ur old supplyer?
I didnt expect it to be AMAZING.. just because its been processed so much.
Lots of shine spray too, that tames it.
I was using ''Ion - Hair extension maintenace spray'' but guess what, they have only gone and discontinued it! But ive found dry shampoo works just aswell, revitalises in the morning.
hope this helps :)

Latest posts

Back