Vinylux and Clear French?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Icedancer

Reaction score
My Essie polishes were getting to the end of their life, so I've decided to invest in Vinylux, I like the idea of the fast drying time and the 7 days chip free.

I've only practiced on myself so far, toes went well as solid colour, but on my fingers I like having white French tips but with no colour on the nail itself. With my Essie I used a base coat, painted the White tips and then used a top coat.

With Vinylux I painted the White tips with cream puff and then used the top coat over the top. Within 24 hours a lot of the top coat had cracked and the tips were starting to peel and chip. I had to remove it in the end as it was looking a mess and nearly all of one hand had chipped odd.

Is it possible to do this with Vinylux? Or it is because the top coat doesn't stick to the nail bed in the same way as the colour does? Totally new to the system so any hints would be great!

I've just bought the vinylux too. On the cnd website it says you apply your pink, then your white followed by your top coat. Hope this helps :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I saw that, I was just hoping to have it with no colour, just the clear and then a white painted tip, like you'd get with nail extensions.

Did u make sure you had decreased the nail first? I always give a very light buff too even surface then wipe with a nail surface cleanser then apply vinylux xxx

Sent from my D5803 using SalonGeek mobile app

Order a bottle of clearly pink. Its basically clear and will give you the look you want. You need the color coat to adhere to the nail then topcoat as normal. The topcoat won't hold on its own.

Latest posts

Back