Vinylux chipping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jude

Reaction score
Help ladies please.. I've recent launched vinylux in my salon and we offered mini manicures to promote product .. So I used :
Nourishing remover to clean
Cut & file
Buff if needed
Cuticle away
Use pushie etc
Spray and wipe off with water
Scrub fresh
Apply 2 coats colour vinylux
Apply 1 coat weekly top coat

Some clients came back after 2 days saying they've chipped ARGH!!!!

I went through all the possibles as to why etc. But they swear they didn't do or use anything ???!!!!

I'm baffled and need help ???

I've never had a problem with it chipping, my clients tend to get wear on the tips but that's after several days. A couple of things you've said are different from what I do;

Firstly, why are you using nourishing remover to start? It's quite oily and personally I'd stick to scrub fresh but you only use that right before you apply.

Secondly, I'm pretty sure you should be using soap and water to neutralise the cuticle away, water on its own isn't good enough.

Karaxxx

My suggestion would be to make sure you do a very good prep, clean the cuticle away well, make sure the nails are dry and scrubbed fresh well and the that the polish is not touching the skin...if you already do all that it is probably down to client's nails. I also recently started using Vinylux, and have had mixed results. Some clients get more then a week or two out of it. And some only get a few days. Vinylux is a great product, but it is not a miracle worker. So if a client has really weak bendy peely nails it might not last as long. Or if they don't look after them all that well, don't wear gloves, do a lot with their hands...it is a nail polish after all.

Hi .. I'm using nourishing remover to clean off any left over nail polish .. This is what you remove vinylux with so thought it was what I had to do .. Yes I use the CND sensations soap in the water to help neutralise ... I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything right but felt the need to check as I'm baffled .. It could just be clients nails but I hate using that as excuse as they never seem to believe you when you suggest it ..... Thank you for all your advice 😊

These are my Vinylux on day 4. Are you definitely topcoating & capping & scrub freshing the free edges? Just a thought x

Cant upload my pic at the mo. Sorry

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi Jude,

Just a thought, could you be applying it too thickly?

Saskia x

Photo from earlier :D

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1397648317559.jpg
    1397648317559.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 131

Latest posts

Back