Vinylux - is it worth it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZeZe

Reaction score
Hi All,

At the mo I just do gelish, but was wondering how beneficial it would be to get vinylux in my home salon?

Do people generally go for gelish or shellac over vinylux, or do you have people asking for vinylux too? xxx

I have a lotof ladies who don't want Shellac, so Vinylux is great. I replaced all my OPI varnishes, and am very happy with it!

I retail a lot as clients like the quick dry time, and can buy it to match their shellac.

Vicki x

Absolutely 100% worth it!

Like the poster above me, I still have a lot of ladies that like to have regular polish and they love the dry time and wearability of Vinylux.

I'm also trying to 'phase' out my OPI polishes, as I always try to talk my clients out of using them as they don't dry as quick.

I find that there is an older group of ladies who want it. I also had a lot of success selling it to people who wanted a break from Shellac or were going on holiday to touch up any growth or chips. Also to match their toes. It not an expensive product. Why don't you buy a few popular colours and see how they go.

Def def worth it, I had a lady in last night who wanted her shellac soaked of and polish put on, she had vinylux in and out within 45 mins with completely dry nails and coudnt be happier, she was amazed how quick they dried and how shiny.

My daughter loves it as can't wear shellac during week because of work and know if I paint her nails on a fri eve, they dry quick and still chip free when removed Sunday eve, never had that with other polishes

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 427
Thanks ladies.

Do you still do the prep like for gel, or just literally use as normal polish??

Also, how do you go about pricing vinylux?

I offer a regular manicure which includes polish so just use Vinylux as my varnish. Retail prices for it are £9.95 for base or top coat and £15.95 if the two are bought together. I sell loads and also do a French one that's £24.95. Very popular for gifts in a little organza bag x

I'm thinking about getting rid of my Orly polishes and trying Vinylux. Does it completely dry within 8mins? So no smudging/denting after this time? I'm about to move into a new salon and it seems that there are alot of older ladies who I'm guessing will like regular manicures!

Love my new Vinylux. Just painted my moms fingers with China Glaze while watching the Oscars red carpet and I was trying not to cuss it out. I feel so spoiled now! I was all "stupid China Glaze, why are you so streaky, why aren't you instantly dry, why does your brush suck so bad". My mom thought I had gone insane, lol.

I'm thinking about getting rid of my Orly polishes and trying Vinylux. Does it completely dry within 8mins? So no smudging/denting after this time? I'm about to move into a new salon and it seems that there are alot of older ladies who I'm guessing will like regular manicures!

Yes! Its touch dry in 4-5 mins and completely dry in 8-9! I have never had a client smudge their vinylux & none have ever had less than 5 days chip free wear.. And some of those ladies are really really bad at following aftercare lol! I can't recommend it enough, although I now have less clients wanting shellac now as they feel the 7 day wear & cheaper treatment costs suit them better (I neglect to tell them they're actually spending more as most of them are returning every 1-2 weeks now!)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm looking to phase out my opi for this. What colours are good to start off ? I'm a gelish girl do no idea where to start !

Does vinylux have a special base and top coat?

Does vinylux have a special base and top coat?

No base coat required - there is a VINYLUX top coat xx

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

How much do people charge for manicures with Vinylux? Do you charge a little bit more?

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

How much do people charge for manicures with Vinylux? Do you charge a little bit more?

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't charge any extra for vinylux than I did other polish. Its so reasonably priced that I don't see the need to!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I can see charging maybe a couple of dollars more simply because it could be considered "premium". I would expect a manicure done with OPI to cost more than a manicure done with "Wet and Wild" simply because of the, maybe not "class" but PERFORMANCE of the product. No matter how affordable it is for the nail tech to buy.

I will have a simple in home salon, but compared to a lot of nail places in my city I will be offering "premium" products. And to represent that my prices will be a touch higher than some conventional salons. $30 manicure instead of $25-$28, etc.
Yes they are both just nail polish but on me OPI last like 24 hours then I find a chip and its all down hill from there. I'm on day 5 of Vinylux and have only JUST found some wear on the capped free edge of one of my thumbs. No matter how affordable it is for me to buy the performance of the product commands a premium price to me. That performance will also allow me to market it as a premium product. And in tern garner me more overall profit. Even the most basic of services = nothing but the best etc.

It will also be the only regular nail polish I offer allowing my overall rates to start a bit higher in general. Even if it is only $2-$5 more than the average. (I'm obviously excluding the few really luxe spas from this).

100% worth it. My most popular treatment is shellac but I do a lot of pedicures so VINYLUX is a must have now. Dries so fast - no base coat - super shiny - it's BRILLIANT! Great value for money too x

100% worth it. My most popular treatment is shellac but I do a lot of pedicures so VINYLUX is a must have now. Dries so fast - no base coat - super shiny - it's BRILLIANT! Great value for money too x

Can I ask what colours are most popular? Looking to order some but not sure what colours to get ? TIA.

I have just brought a few of the popular colours to sell to clients to match there shellac and am now thinking of buying more for me to use on clients nails for pedicures and manicure ( although we do not do many manis as it's all shellac)
Just out of curiosity will clients have to use the vinylux top coat too as I have not brought these yet, what will happen if they use another brand? Will it still dry quickly and last as long and be as shiny?

I have just brought a few of the popular colours to sell to clients to match there shellac and am now thinking of buying more for me to use on clients nails for pedicures and manicure ( although we do not do many manis as it's all shellac)
Just out of curiosity will clients have to use the vinylux top coat too as I have not brought these yet, what will happen if they use another brand? Will it still dry quickly and last as long and be as shiny?

No. It is a system and they must be used together to work properly.

Latest posts

Back