Vinylux

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

totalbeautyabz

Reaction score
I'm sorry. I hate it. I've bought a few in to try as I'm fed up with OPI's customer service:Scared:. However, after trying what I can only describe as children's paint, I'm sticking with my tried and trusted.

There's definitely a knack to using Vinylux lol It's because it drys so fast you have to apply it fast and accurate to get a good finish. I find it's not very forgiving for ridged nails but Brisa Lite can sort that.

There's definitely a knack to using Vinylux lol It's because it drys so fast you have to apply it fast and accurate to get a good finish. I find it's not very forgiving for ridged nails but Brisa Lite can sort that.

I'm quick at applying polish and gel polish, so don't think it's my application. It lasted less than 12 hours on my fingers. My toes I can forgive as the nails are damaged beyond belief with marathon running. It's so gloopy.

Yeah I've definitely found some colours to be thicker than others. Tbh I don't dislike it but I don't love it either although it's great for nail art as it dries so quickly x

I'm struggling too.

Is Brisa lite a gel? Might as well put Shellac on if that's the case.

CND Brisa Lite Smoothing is a soak off gel designed to be used with Shellac for those with weak or damaged nails x

I'm a lover......

Its boosted my polish business unbelievably and I sell a fair bit (for a one man band) and love how it applies but I will agree there is definitely a knack to it. I find the range of colours great plus they match up with my Shellac range. It dries to amazingly fast and I never have a problem removing it, if a client has ridges then I do a light buff with a Girlfriend buffer which is the same as I'd do if they didn't want colour but shine.

Sorry to all those who hate it, I love love love it.

Karaxxx

I love it too, definitely a knack to application, I go thin on the first coat, probably twice as thick as normal polish on my second coat and have fab results.

8 minutes to dry is amazing, lots of my clients have gone back to polish after stopping because of damaging wet/almost dry polish in the past.

I wouldn't swap it out for anything else

ETA - the colours can look a bit odd until you top coat them, then they usually 'pop'. I've been unsure about a few new colours at first but have learned to reserve judgement until I top coat, then I usually love them

I am a customer of it and I rave about it. I love it so much. I apply it fine and lasts easily 7 days on fingers and weeks on toes. Converted my mother in law too and she loves it and can apply it herself ok too.
Tbh it's the best thing ever for me but understand it won't suit everyone.
I just apply it fast and quite thick then float top coat on and jobs a good one!

Sorry you don't get on with it 😔 x

To be honest I'm not in love with them either, which is sad, as I was sooo excited to try them out after reading all the rave reviews. But the thing is I mostly only use regular nail polish on toes, and not many people have perfect toe nails. It doesn't cover ridges, and it stains badly on every little bump. The removal has been a disaster every single time (and no, I don't know any women who'd remove polish from their toes after a week). I tried nourishing remover, normal polish remover and even pure acetone, and it still took me at least 10 mins longer to remove then my OPI. Plus I had to buff off all the staining afterward. It's just not cost effective for me, the whole hassle around it cost me time, but the end result is no better then with OPI-lasts the same, and to be honest I never had a problem with clients smudging their polish. I still have them, but try to avoid using them, and not buying anymore colours. As for matching with Shellac I actually never had anyone request a complete match to their hands.
It's great for people who it works for, but I'd say that it's definitely not for everyone.

I didn't love it either, in fact I really didn't like it BUT there is a knack to it and now I've got the hang of it I really like it.

My advice would be to persevere and
If you still don't like it after a while at least you tried xxx

So what is the secret to applying it? X

Obviously I am no pro but I literally get quite alot on my brush and quickly paint them. 2 coats . Then float a thickish top coat over in 3 strokes. If you go back over it it can go all gloopy looking. In the beginning I struggled a bit but after a few goes I kinda got the hang how it needs to be done, different to normal polish.
I use Sainsburys own make high strength nail varnish remover and it gets it off a treat even toes.

And I am soooooo in love with locket love!!! It's Gorg x

If speed isn't the problem, then the pressure used in applying it is. It's usually those 2 problems. Being too slow, or being too heavy handed. I do quick and thin the first coat, then quick and slightly thicker the second coat. No problems with drying as I make everyone sit for at least 10 minutes just to be sure. Applying a lighter color such as lavishly loved, powder my nose, or romantique as a base helps with staining or ridges. I'm not exactly in love with it, but after having used it for the last 8 months, and having clients come back purely because their manicures lasted longer than the other places that use OPI or Essie, I just have to stick with it. I have and am building up a Morgan Taylor collection to use along side the Vinylux though, because I feel the Vinylux is lacking on brighter, bolder colors.

I so wanted to love it. But it is so unforgiving on less than perfect nails. I refused to use it with brisa. What is the point in a normal polish that needs a soak off gel underlay?

I persisted for 7 months, but found it was actually loosing me some clients, as it just didn't do what it said, unless they had great nails to begin with. Application was a dream, and the color range fab, but that was as far as my love went.

I recently swapped over to cuccio , applies beautifully, and lasts 5-7 days, even on ridged or weak nails.

My clients love it, and because of that, so do I.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

If speed isn't the problem, then the pressure used in applying it is. It's usually those 2 problems. Being too slow, or being too heavy handed. I do quick and thin the first coat, then quick and slightly thicker the second coat. No problems with drying as I make everyone sit for at least 10 minutes just to be sure. Applying a lighter color such as lavishly loved, powder my nose, or romantique as a base helps with staining or ridges.

Perfectly explained!! That's exactly it. Xxx

I can't get it to last longer than 3 days on me and it stains my nails too. They looked bruised for a week the last colour I took off.

I think the problem could be in the marketing. It's being called the weekly polish. It's made by the makers of Shellac- one of the most sought after service/product in the nail industry. Most people are trying to make it out to be some miracle product, but it's just nail polish. I mean... look at the wall rack! I've had to rip off that sticker on the first row that says "Flawless color for 7+ days" because I was worried I'd be overwhelmed with complaints from people getting less than that from it. It happens with Shellac wearers with me so I don't doubt if I left that part up there it would happen.

Don't get me wrong- I love that it dries fast, and it does last better than most nail polishes out there, but nail polish will only last as long as nail polish can. Some of the colors go on easy breezy, and some colors make me want to pull every strand of hair out my head when a client asks for it. Some people can wear it til you have to soak it off like Shellac to get it off, and some people will find it chips after a big sneeze.

And like everything out there, it has its pros and cons. The cons I'm finding is I waste a lot of top coat because as good as it is, it goes thick halfway through the bottle and there's nothing I can do to fix it, so I have to just throw it out. Some colors just get thick and goopy over time, despite not being used very often. Some colors that are meant to correspond with Shellac colors don't quite match up perfectly. In fact, look at Grapefruit sparkle and Locket Love. I happen to prefer how grapefruit sparkle looks in the Shellac version, and Locket love in the Vinylux version. I still need a "base" because if I don't, I get ridges and staining. using Brisa Lite defeats the whole purpose of a regular manicure, and honestly, I don't think majority of my natural nails polish only clients would be remotely interested, especially if other makes of polish can do the job without all that. Vinylux is just quick drying nail polish. You will either improvise and find a way around all the issues, and get on with it- or you won't and find something else. Sorry for the essay. :lol:

Latest posts

Back