Vitiligo on hair area, help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deefadog

Reaction score
Hi all,

I apologies but i am not in the hair industry, but i was hoping to get some advise, which i can maybe take to a salon.

I have Vitiligo, which is pigmentation of the skin (I am awaiting treatment, but the NHS is slow), i have this on my head which cause my hair to go white and as a male i find this embarrassing. And i find it difficult to ask for help.

I am also balding (I get all the luck lol) so i clip my hair with a No 1. The white patch is on the back of my head (see pic), so i have been dying it with a belle colour No5, then clipping it.

As i have short hair the colour only last for about 3-4 days as the hair grows it shows again quickly being so short.

Can anyone help with maybe a better solution? i see there are spray on dyes but i don't know where to start.

2016-04-18%2012.07.54.jpg

You can buy a product for covering/colouring the hair temporarily - just like a make up.
L'Oreal do a great one called 'HAIR TOUCH UP', available in hair salons for around £10.00. :)

Thank you Red Star! very much appreciated.

Latest posts

Back