• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Salon Geek and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Volunteering Services

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenbee

Reaction score
Hi everybody!
Firstly I hope everyone enjoyed the christmas break!

Secondly,
I just recently started a level 3 qualification with the Stonebridge colleges in beauty therapy.
I am hoping to finish the course around May/June, and ultimately am looking for full time work at that point.

But right now I am seeking voluntary opportunities. I would be very happy to do any cleaning and make plenty of tea and coffee! I do believe that working in a salon enviroment is going to be very beneficial to my studying, particulary as I do lack the "hands on" learning that would be done in college. My situation is very unusual in that I am potentially able to cover both Felixstowe in Suffolk and Southampton (central area). At present I do not have a driving liscence, so ideally my work would need to be easy to reach by public transport. If work was offered in southampton then ideally I would need to complete it in blocks, so i.e 2 weeks in one go, whereas Felixstowe I would be able to either offer block time or one day a week.

I have worked for the last 6 years in my local cancer research charity shop, and frequently give my time to many other charity events and fundraising. I have enjoyed my time working in the shop, it has given me massive amounts of confidence and has taught me how to work in a team with people of many backgrounds.

If anyone has anything to offer I would be so grateful. It would be lovely to hear from you. I am very willing to offer my cv to anyone and to perhaps explain my "unusual" situation further.

Many Thanks for your help
Jennie

Gonna bump this as I'm keen!
:)

Bumping again

Im still looking.
Willing to do block work or one day a week.

Felixstowe or Southampton central area.

Reliable and Hard working.

If you or anyone you know could do with a little voluntary help, please let me know

Wow good on you! How refreshing and hopefully inspiring to other L3s.

I haven't at the moment but hope when I do there is someone like you around! Where have you tried locally so far. Clarice House have had before. If I hear of anything I'll let you know.

Good luck!

:D

Thank you so much for your kind comments! It has made my day! :)

So far just tried smaller salons around Felixstowe. No luck yet, but I'm very determined and so won't be giving up in a hurry!!

I'm bumping this again

Ideally I need the work between now and March, as I have just discovered that I am a performer in the Olympic opening ceremony and my rehearsals start in April.

If anyone can help I'd be ever so grateful

Still looking

bumping again

bumping up again
Both training courses now complete

Latest posts

Back