VTCT in the US?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MayE

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

Have any therapist used specifically VTCT in the US, in the San Francisco areas? Just want to check this out.

Please let me know.

Thanks.
May

There is a forum member on here from the US so hopefully they will see this, but VTCT is nowhere near the standard in the US for massage therapy, so it may be the same with beauty. As far as I'm aware, each state has different requirements and you are required to take have a license so it may be worth contacting the relevant licensing authority to find out what is required.
This thread may be useful
http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/118403-qualification-help-moving-usa.html

Last edited:
Hi there

Thank you for getting back to me. I have read through the link and will make contact. VTCT is good exam body in the UK, beginning to see that it may not have the same standing in the US. So ma have to consider the other examining bodies that will cost and arm and leg!

Cheers!
May

Department of Public Health - Practitioner License Requirements

Might be worthwhile ringing VTCT for advice ! Looks like whatever qualification you hold, you still need to pass a state exam in order to get a licence to practice .

All the best with it !

Hey

Thank you for your comments and the link. I am hoping perhaps I will be ok with the VTCT and do a state exam. I will start my research.

I am extremely grateful for the links I've received here and by PM.

Thank you!
May

Latest posts

Back