Want to work from home how difficult is it to start?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nenee

Reaction score
Hi there

When I qualify this year and sort out insurance etc, Iv been thinking about going mobile, but the more I think about it the more Im drawn to the idea of buying a summer house and working from home, especially with the petrol prices which are so rediculous:mad:, and the setting up and waiting ages for wax pots and parrafin heaters to heat up:eek: I dont have a spare room either.

Does anyone know what the law is with regards to summer houses for beauty treatments or where I can look etc, and the health and safety point of view with regards to having a beauty salon in my back garden???:rolleyes: it wont be the largest of summer houses just big enough for a bed and table and a seat etc, my hubby can plumb a sink in and do the electrics(as qualified to do so. But just wondering about the beauty insurance etc. I will be doing my homework of course but just wanted some advice at the moment before I do.

Do you think clients would like to have treatments in a summer house? I will be getting my hubby to plaster board it, paint the walls etc and put heating in, also and make it look tastfully, as if it was a room in a salon. I just feel it will earn me more in the long run, as not having to set up in between clients so can fit more in, and also no travelling and petrol, and so much easier, are their any draw backs?

Are their any financial help for this type of business venture?

Would really appreciate your help and advice even if negative :)

cheers:hug:

Hi, just wanted to wish you good luck. Sounds like a great idea, and I am sure it will work very well for you. I dont see any problems with working from a summer house, as long as it looks great, it will just be like a mini salon.

Will your clients have easy access to your garden? and also toilet facilities?

Just make sure there is no dangers that they could fall over. I am not sure if you have to check with your local council about parking. Not sure if it matters if you have a drive-way, but may do, if your clients are having to use a main road.

hth

Cheers Hun!

Sorry should of described the set up:eek:

I have a very large drive enough for 5 cars at a push, my back garden looks out onto farm land and I have lots of garden. There would not be a toilet, but obviously one in my house so I dont know on thats aspect:eek:

I live in an end semi detached house and the summer house would not be looking onto another house but fields etc:)

They would park on the drive then go through the gate and walk down a path, and there they would come to the summer house which is seperate from the house.

We could if financially possible have a toilet put in downstairs in our utility room in our house ,so clients could use that without going up my stairs, im sure iv heard the salon has to be seperate to the house or is that just preference, oh so much to consider.

I do think less to worry about when mobile, and it does have lots of positives compared to working from home, as using their electricity, and not having to worry abour facilites for clients, hard to know which way is the best:rolleyes:

cheers

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back