Wanting grey on yellow hair help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hailskay

Reaction score
My client has equal parts 7/81 9/60 with touch 5/81 12% as a tint plus we foil through blondor.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1470726130.566019.jpg

I did her hair last night and she has asked for grey next time,I've only done grey on level 10,so the lighter pieces we do I know will look fab,but concerned about the tinted areas? I was going to use schwartzkopf dove grey as a toner afterwards,but would love some advice please X

Couldn't you just go through taking out the pre lightened pieces and putting them in foil with conditioner/talc. Then lighten the rest of the hair to get to the same depth as the lighter pieces, then go from there?

The grey range are very dark

It's going to be a very mucky khaki grey colour over yellow hair you need as clean a base as possible for it to work sonyourgoing to have to lift it up! Did you take any strand tests?

I thought it would probably go murky looking,she mentioned about going darker at the root more like a balayage effect,so think ill take her tinted areas darker with 6/1 and then tone the pre lightened pieces with the dove grey.thanks for advice xx

Check what kind of grey your client wants the dove grey is very dark x

Latest posts

Back