Wanting to start up a mobile part time business but don't know where to start! Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Florriedee

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I am interested in going mobile and I have been lurking here for a couple of days now, reading with HUGE interest all the posts you have left however I am a bit blonde and I need it step by step!

Such as what do I do? How do I advertise? Who do I aim for clientwise? How far do I go travelwise? Where do I get my clientele? How do I sell myself? I'm sorry I know its a lot to ask but I gather quite a few of you have done it and are obviously successful! I am already registered with the Guild of Beauty Therapists but does that insurance cover me for Mani/pedi and Massage?

Also I only do waxing and manicure/pedicure and I'm about to do a massage course, do you think this is enough treatments to start of with or should I perhaps do more first to build up my repertoire? And another thing I have only done the 1 or 2 day courses and then lots of practice but do you think these are sufficient to actually do it professionally? Please any help or advice would be great!

Lx:confused:

Hi,
I only offer 2 treatments at the moment and that is spray tans and waxing, i am due to go on a nail course shortly. I started spray tanning in november and only started waxing 2 months ago.You can definately start advertising now and learn more as you go along. I had business cards made up and posted flyers to make people aware of the services i provide. At the moment i am prepared to drive up to 40 mins for a customer but has to be minimum order of £15.

Hth

carly
x

I don't work mobile so cant help out with your questions but i just wanted to say
be very careful how you advertise your massage service when qualified as some of the girls on here get quite a few calls from the less desirable clientele if you know what i mean,
no 1 is your personal safety hth :hug:

Yes i have been slightly concerned about advertising my massage services too! I think I might have to say ldies only although that does cut my clientele options I really don't wan tto go to a chap's house and find myself being attacked! What do people do about visitng ppl's houses as well? I'm planning on telling someone where I am going and ringing when I get there and get out like I do when I am at my regular job (I work for a dog rescue centre where we have to do home visits to check the houses b4 the dogs go home) so I am quite aware of personal safety and I'm used to going into other ppl's houses but that whole 'massage' thing is quite concerning! lol

Lx

If you do a search on here hun you will find a thread on mobile safety and loads on mobile.
To get you started have a look at this site for leaflets/business cards www.vistaprint.co.uk lots of geeks use this site and it has lots of offers and free stuff.
As far as safety goes make sure someone knows where your appointments are and what times. Personally I would phone when I left each appointment so they could keep track of where I was.

Only you know your market hun, who do you want to appeal to?
I live in quite a posh area and can only work school hours so I am aiming at the "yummy mummys" around my area.

I think you have enough under your belt to get out there earning some money.
Good luck hun x

Latest posts

Back