Wanting to train as a beauty therapist, calling all beauty therapists ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laura2411

Reaction score
I am looking at a new career as a beauty therapist, i haven't got any experience/qualifications at the moment, i would like to get qualified and then go on to work part time in a salon/hotel and then do bits and bobs mobile, around working, and i would like to set up my own website to help with advertising,

I can get some help up to £1000 for course fees or equipment, I'm just wondering what you would recommend,

do you have any advice on what is the best course to do, i can do one from my local college which is beauty therpay level 2 or should i do a quicker private course,

If anyone could give me some advice and let me know some tips, i would really appreciate it,

i dont really have anyone to ask and just wanted some info so i am well prepared.

any replies would be fab just to try and get things clear in my head and then i get moving,

Thank you reading

xxxx

Hi Laura.

I'm called Laura too lol :)
Anyway, I did Beauty Therapy Level 2 at my local college and found it very good, I then went on to do Beauty Therapy Level 3 and Nail Services Level 3 also at my local college.
I always felt well informed and confident, my tutors were very good.

I know there are private courses but they are a lot of money and I don't know if they are any better than local colleges. There are also fast-track courses for around £2,000 but personally I wouldn't do it because I think there is a lot to take in and you need time to build up your confidence and manner with clients as well as performing treatments well.

In my opinion, I would do the local college course and save the money you can get for equipment and/or short courses that are popular as an add on treatment.
For example, eyelash extensions and spray tanning are very lucrative and cost a few hundred pounds to train in which you would make back very quickly!

Hope this helps :) xx

Hi Laura.

I'm called Laura too lol :)
Anyway, I did Beauty Therapy Level 2 at my local college and found it very good, I then went on to do Beauty Therapy Level 3 and Nail Services Level 3 also at my local college.
I always felt well informed and confident, my tutors were very good.

I know there are private courses but they are a lot of money and I don't know if they are any better than local colleges. There are also fast-track courses for around £2,000 but personally I wouldn't do it because I think there is a lot to take in and you need time to build up your confidence and manner with clients as well as performing treatments well.

In my opinion, I would do the local college course and save the money you can get for equipment and/or short courses that are popular as an add on treatment.
For example, eyelash extensions and spray tanning are very lucrative and cost a few hundred pounds to train in which you would make back very quickly!

Hope this helps :) xx

I agree, I would always take the college option, it may take longer, but you will become a better beauty therapist because of it. Also in my experience if you are looking to working in hotels/spas, they do ask where you trained. :D

I did the college route about 8 years ago now, I wasn't working at the time and I got the course free and the starter kit free but I had to buy the books and the tunic

I only wanted to do nail art for my personal use but I had to do Manicure and Pedicure and False Nails before I could do the Nail Art but I don't regret it now, I loved the courses, I was there for 2 and a half years in the end

Nip into your local college and see what's on offer, also see what Leisure Courses they have on offer too

Latest posts

Back