Warm bamboo massage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsHBeauty

Reaction score
I am interested in training in this massage, but I am looking for some feedback from therapists (or clients) who are trained in this. I offer hot stone massage but I am looking for a unique massage to offer and training for this has come up quite local to me.

What are peoples opinions?
What do people charge?
How is it compared to hot stone massage?

TIA

:)

Id be interested to hear what is said too. Im just looking at bamboo massage or cupping for my next lot of training :)

I did bamboo training a couple of months ago . Have to say it's my least favourite treatment. I wasn't impressed with it . But my husband loves it , so I suppose unless you try it you won't know. Maybe go for a treat first x

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

I did bamboo training a couple of months ago . Have to say it's my least favourite treatment. I wasn't impressed with it . But my husband loves it , so I suppose unless you try it you won't know. Maybe go for a treat first x

I'm curious, did you not like having the treatment done on yourself or did you not like performing the treatment, or both? xx

Thanks for the replies, has anyone else got anything to add?

I love the sound of it but I'm pregnant so can't have the massage myself, I'd usually try it our somewhere. Also there is nowhere local which does it! Hot stone is common but not warm bamboo

I can't say I didn't like it , just my least favourite massage to receive or do.

Go and have a couple of treatments yourself by different therapists. That's what I did which helped me decide that it's not for my clients. Hths

I can't find anywhere near me that does it, and I'm 28 weeks pregnant so can't any way :(

I'm all booked to do the course next Friday.

After speaking to a couple of friends who have had the treatment done at a spa and testing the water with my clients I'm going for it.

I can't find anywhere near me that does it, and I'm 28 weeks pregnant so can't any way :(

I'm all booked to do the course next Friday.

After speaking to a couple of friends who have had the treatment done at a spa and testing the water with my clients I'm going for it.

I had one a few years back & liked it. But dont know if I'd have another or If it was more novelty factor. & trying something different

Hello,
I offer warm bamboo massage and hot stone massages at the gym where I'm based. To be honest, bamboo attracts curiosity and I use it as a marketing tool - free 15 min demo to attract new clients. Mostly all clients loved it, and a few said keep going for 30 min or 60 min and paid for a treatment. Some of them come back and book other treatments, but it's not a popular treatment to be booked. Having said that, in a year of being at the gym, nobody has ever booked hot stone massage! I think if you have a salon/spa, it will be popular but in a gym, all my clients are interested in deep tissue massage, not heat treatments because there is a sauna. Personally, I love warm bamboo massage and find it can be effective but you have to market it as a relaxing, heat treatment in winter to really sell it. I studied it here:
http://www.affabletherapy.com/course/details/17/Warm-Bamboo-&-Candle-Massage-Diploma

Thank you for the feedback.

Massage is popular in my salon, I'm hoping it will be a lovely addition to out treatments.

We don't offer deep tissue massage, that's what i want to look into after that, but bamboo massage was very good price for a kit and the course, so a quick cost effective addition.

If the muscles are very tight, the last thing you want to do is go in strong with a stick. It's the warmth that will relax the muscles, which you get already with the hot stones. You have to allow the muscles to relax and untighten otherwise any amount of pressure from the stick won't be doing anything. I had a massage similar to the warm bamboo called a wave stone that you hold with 2 hands, it's warm and curves around the muscle. Wavestone is much cheaper, it takes a few minutes to heat up in warm water, it retains the heat. Also you can use in cold water to become a cold stone. I should paid for this advertising really! My therapist really swore by his new gadget, uses it all the time. I think it's about £45 for one stone, he only uses the one.

I did the bamboo massage course - it's only warm so not like a heat treatment like hot stones. I did a great one day course with gateway - it's hot stones all the way for me

Latest posts

Back