Warm chocolate body wrap Mmm!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjayp

Reaction score
Ive just came back from holiday in spain, lovely it was too.in the lift of the hotel there was a leaflet for chocolate body wrap,so i indulged, it was pure heaven,my skin was like silk afterwards. well im now thinking on doing them myself now, but was wondering is there a lot of call for this type of treatment ?do you actually need a kit & professional training on body treatments ?it was so simple to do.

You couldnt really do it on clients without any skincare/massage training.Obviously you can do what you like to yourself but on clients you wouldnt be insured and you may find that with no accredited training you would not be able to purchase professional products.

I think it depends on how you market it to your clients as to whether it's going to be popular or not...

We've been offering chocolate treatments in the salon for 4 years now & find it sells better in the winter months (well, October - April, so whatever season that is....). We have a name locally as the place that does the choccie treatments :green:

Several companies offer chocolate treatments, this has been discussed several times before - a little search will yield you some results.

I do chocolate treatments (www.gerards.uk.com).

would you be so kind as to share your experience, I love to know how treatments are performed.

I do chocolate treatments (www.gerards.uk.com).

would you be so kind as to share your experience, I love to know how treatments are performed.
hi hippy chick, well what caught my eye was the leaflet, it looked so inviting, [good marketing] also the the spa was nice too, the therapist was so sweet, the lights were dimmed the music played softly in the background,after undressing she sat me on plastic sheeting, on a warm couch, she mixed up a large bowl of chocolate paste which looked like moose,then she just scooped it out of the bowl & rubbed it allover my back,i then layed down it was then applied allover the rest of my body, the smell wasn't too much either quite delicate, she then wrapped the plastic sheeting over me, followed by a silver foil sheet,then towels on top of that, a rolled up towel under my neck, left me for 20 mins,but boy was i hot, i then showered, the treatment was then followed by a full body massage. the only thing i was dissapointed in was she never gave me any after care as to weather i should shower or not that night or leave it till the morning so it could absorb in to my skin.but the treatment was absolute bliss. I would defo have this done again.

hi hippy chick, well what caught my eye was the leaflet, it looked so inviting, [good marketing] also the the spa was nice too, the therapist was so sweet, the lights were dimmed the music played softly in the background,after undressing she sat me on plastic sheeting, on a warm couch, she mixed up a large bowl of chocolate paste which looked like moose,then she just scooped it out of the bowl & rubbed it allover my back,i then layed down it was then applied allover the rest of my body, the smell wasn't too much either quite delicate, she then wrapped the plastic sheeting over me, followed by a silver foil sheet,then towels on top of that, a rolled up towel under my neck, left me for 20 mins,but boy was i hot, i then showered, the treatment was then followed by a full body massage. the only thing i was dissapointed in was she never gave me any after care as to weather i should shower or not that night or leave it till the morning so it could absorb in to my skin.but the treatment was absolute bliss. I would defo have this done again.
thanks for replying, it sounds lovely.

That sounds a wee bit like our Algologie Fizzing Cocoa Bean Wrap which is fab in the colder months as it heats up whilst you're lying there.

Latest posts

Back