Washing hands during prep?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amyloutay

Reaction score
I am about to move into a new rented room which has a sink, I've not had this luxury before. Do any of you get clients to wash their hands at any stage of nail prep? At the moment I use CND cuticle away and have a spray bottle to wash it off so I suppose I can ask the client to wash their hands at that point. I seem to remember alot of hand washing during my training but I have forgotton when! I think it was used to get rid of all the dust during or after l&p application?

Please let me in on your routine!

Hey ..

Yeah you should definately get your clients to wash their hands..

After you have filled out the consuktation sheet ask your client to follow you to the sink and ask her to wash her hands after you. this way it shows the client that you are running a clean and sanatized salon and she wont be worried about cross infection. :)

Hope this helps :)

I don't ask my client to wash her hands, I use a spray hand sanitiser which I spray on cotton wool and wipe all over. For my hands, I spray my hands direct. Hope this helps.
Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

I have clients use hand sanitizer when they first sit at my station. They wash their hands after I do all filing and cuticle removal but before applying product, then again right before polish. I only have them wash with L&P, no other service, they do use hand sanitizer with any service.

I do hand washing with treatments. Usually to remove dust/cuticle away. I make them wash twice with enhancements. (after prep and before polish) Sanitizer is used at beginning of service. Sinks are a must have in my opinion. While they r washing you can prep for the next client, prep for the next step, check a message or two for appointments. Etc....etc....

Latest posts

Back