Washing towels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauty Within

Reaction score
Hey
What does every do for washing their salon towels. There is no washing machine where I rent my room.
Does anyone go to a laundrette? Iv been thinking bout doing this rather than taking them home to wash?
What does everyone else do if you don't have washing machine at work?

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Hi. I take a (massively overloaded) big blue ikeas bag full every other week to the laundrette, I pick them up the next day fluffy and folded. They charge me £11. I really pack them in so when they're done I get back the ikea bag plus a bin bag full. Much easier than doing it myself and I don't have a tumble dryer so I find if they are air dried they don't go fluffy.
Gx

I just wash mine at home and then put them into the tumble dryer so they are all nice and fluffy and soft.

I wouldn't take them to a laundrette with having a washer and dryer at home as im sure it would cost more, but If I didn't have a dryer I would take them to the laundrette to get them dried - would probably actually wash them their too, thinking about it. As a bag full of wet towels would be pretty heavy!

Thanks gina iv never been in a laundrette before so I was a bit unsure so thankyou price is not as bad as I thought I work by myself so I don't have a great deal of towels so I'm guessing mine will be a lot less than £11 anyway.

Thanks muddi yeh I don't have a dryer at home and not the space to air dry them.
So off to the laundrette it is!
Hugs xx

Can I just add something, make sure that if they wash dog rugs or horse blankets that they have separate machines for these - I used to take both to the launderette - never asked what machine they used as it wasn't applicable then, but it certainly would be now.

Thanks gina iv never been in a laundrette before so I was a bit unsure so thankyou price is not as bad as I thought I work by myself so I don't have a great deal of towels so I'm guessing mine will be a lot less than £11 anyway.

Thanks muddi yeh I don't have a dryer at home and not the space to air dry them.
So off to the laundrette it is!
Hugs xx

No prob Hun.
My laundrette charges £6 a small load and £11 a large load. You need to ask for a service wash so they do it for you.
Also if you pay with your business card it will make it easier for your book keeping, make sure you ask for a receipt as the ladies in mine don't automatically give me one.

Oh and when they ask for your name give your business name.

Hth

FCC

Oh and I'd never been in one before I took my towels there either.

I used to do it at home but made my house look like widow twankys and tumble driers use alot of electricity!
X

Have you heard of salon towel services? They pick up your dirty towels and replace with fluffy clean ones each week salontowelservices.co.uk

Hey
What does every do for washing their salon towels. There is no washing machine where I rent my room.
Does anyone go to a laundrette? Iv been thinking bout doing this rather than taking them home to wash?
What does everyone else do if you don't have washing machine at work?

When I worked for a small salon, we took the towels to the local laundrette.

Now I work for myself at home, I do a load everyday and hang it up to dry naturally. I don't tumble dry (cheaper and I don't think my clients will mind if it is not super fluffly).

Take them home to wash and tumble

Jacqui xx

I take mine home to wash. Then I either put them on clothes horses or outside, weather permitting. When they are almost dry I bung them in the tumble drier for about 15-20 mins to fluff them up.

I don't tumble them from wet as they take far too long!

Latest posts

Back