Wax my face or not?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daisy Digits

Reaction score
Just popped over from nails for a bit of advice. I have quite a lot of downy soft white hair growing on the sides of my face. I was told that I could have it waxed off. I'm 56, so no spring chicken, but would prefer not to look like my husband! I would appreciate your feedback. Thanks in advance :)

I would say do it, as long as there is no reason you can't have waxing, your therapist will know this at consultation anyway. Have you had waxing before on other areas?
If you don't want the hair get rid of it. Try it once and decide from there. Xxx

I'm the same as you, I've inherited my mothers fluffy face and I hate it!! I try and stay out of any light so it doesn't show my beastly face haha.

Just as a precaution, I would take some antihistamines a few days before, and apply sudocrem to your face afterwards. I get a really bad histamine reaction when I wax my face. The last few times I've done this, and it's been much better. Saying that, I wax my mums face all the time and she never reacts. If you're worried about the hair growing back stubbly, then I wouldn't worry. Mines grown back exactly the same.

Just make sure your therapist really stretches the skin, it's very easy to graze on the cheeks when facial waxing xx

I wax my own face every now and again just to give it a good exfoliation. Make sure you wear good suncream for a few days after. :)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Decision made, I'll wax my face :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back