Waxing and nails questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NMills

Reaction score
Hi all, i've got a few little questions and wondered if anyone could help. Firstly I have hunted high and low for metal spatuals for waxing and can't find them anywhere, has anyone bought some recently?

Also, I have looked through other thread but was slightly confused. At present, I have my white mundo box which I place my tools in as soon as I get to a clients (mundo kept in air tight container at any other time) so that it has 10 minutes or so time prior to me starting work. Then once i have finished my appointment I put the tools back in anther container ready for washing in hot soapy water and then spraying with mundo. I only keep my mundo for a week. Is this the right way to do things?xx

Don't forget if you want to use metal spatulas you will need a lot of them as you can't put them back in the wax once you have used them...
I think you can get them on Amazon but don't quote me - I personally prefer my disposable spatulas that I can just throw away... :)

Amazon sell them :)

You can also buy metal spatulas from Thalgo.

Ellissons used to have them but they appear not to have any in stock at the moment.

Don't forget if you want to use metal spatulas you will need a lot of them as you can't put them back in the wax once you have used them...
I think you can get them on Amazon but don't quote me - I personally prefer my disposable spatulas that I can just throw away... :)
Tinxy why can't you put them back into the wax ?
I use metal spatulas for speed waxing

Sorry to correct you Tinxy but that's not so.

I apply wax with my metal spatula to the entire area, say for example the lower leg using the one metal spatula. However, once I start removing the hair and wax and the skin has been broken, if I need to re-appy any wax, I re-apply wax with a wooden spatula and then throw it.

You could never speed wax with a small wooden spatula.

Double dipping????

I know that Lori Nestori likes her metal spatulas/non disposable ones - but even she now has to use several as the laws have changed in her state meaning that double dipping is not allowed - of course you can clean them and sterilise them and then use again but that all takes time :)

Beg to disagree... but you can. It may not be AS speedy as using the massive ones, however it is possible to use the same principles, but I really really wouldn't put anything back in my wax pot that has touched skin. This is based on my own life experiences when it comes to bacteria control and from long conversations with nurses, lab technicians and biologists... It might not happen in a life time but some of the super bugs that are out there could be put back in the wax pot and then applied later to the skin... why take that chance?

If you don't want to use disposable spatulas then doing as is now demanded by law in some US states of having multiple spatulas that are all used once and then cleaned before the next client seems a very reasonable alternative? Best of both worlds? :)

Sorry to correct you Tinxy but that's not so.

I apply wax with my metal spatula to the entire area, say for example the lower leg using the one metal spatula. However, once I start removing the hair and wax and the skin has been broken, if I need to re-appy any wax, I re-apply wax with a wooden spatula and then throw it.

Agree xx

Latest posts

Back