Waxing fundraiser

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enchanting Beauty

Reaction score
Hi all.
I have been approached by one of my clients saying she is thinking of doing a waxing fundraiser for Cancer Research at her house and if I could provide my waxing services. She has asked how much I would charge, hopefully for time & supplies instead of per treatment but I have no idea as never done one before so could anyone give me any ideas please? It would only only be for small areas like underarm, patch on leg, back etc.
And if anyone else has any other tips they could give that would be fab :)
Thanks!

If I did it, I would do it for nothing, and let everyone know!

If you contact some wax companies, they are often really happy to donate wax for charity fund raisers. I would look on this and my time as my donation to the charity!

Vicki x

Do it for free and have plenty of cards and leaflets to hand out. Get some photos and make it known on your Facebook page and website that you've done this. Tag the people in who have taken part and ask them to 'like and share' your page. I'd also contact local newspapers to see if they would do a story on it - this would definitely make a small article in my local free paper.

Thanks everyone!
Can't really let other clients know as she is holding it at her own house but will look into contacting companies for supplies and a couple of other tips.

I waxed a males legs at a local salon to raise money for a college project to help 3rd world countries earlier in the year. The salon let me do it for free and I raised almost £500. The story was put in the newspaper and the salon got lots more custom as they saw how the salon had kindly helped me in the paper. Would you consider letting the lady hold her event at your salon?? This way you could invite clients/locals and potentially get more custom from it. X

That sounds great misssarahlouise but unfortunately for me, I am a mobile therapist so have no premises. The waxing is only going to be for men on the day but never know, I may pick some business up from it. If not, at least it's all for a good cause

Latest posts

Back