We May Be Skint But We’re Refusing To Be Pasty!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
Yet more good news for the beauty industry. While many small businesses are feeling the pinch, the beauty industry appears to be relatively resilient…for which we are all, I’m sure, enormously grateful.

This week, CNN have reported on how, despite the difficulties faced by the global economy, nail lacquer sales continue to rise, even surpassing lipsticks (!) and last month, John Lewis announced boosted profits in its beauty division, specifically it’s fake tan sales. An increase of 19% in sales of self-tanning products was recorded which implies two things. Firstly, that this year women and men appear to be moving away from tanning beds to the healthier and happier option of fake tan and secondly, that we are all categorically and unequivocally sick of our winter white look. Either way…we shouldn’t be complaining.

Is this a trend that is continuing in salons? Have you noticed an increase in tanning treatments, especially perhaps in the healthier tanning options? Are more people avoiding sun beds or is it simply that we’re looking for ways to brighten our dark, winter days? Are sunbeds, with their health risks and bad rap becoming a thing of the past? Let us know!

Until then…geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• sunbed.jpg
    sunbed.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 712
Last edited:
spray tan is rubbish and cannot compare to the Sun and sundbeds

Women are definately treating themselves more.
Also I have spray tans more than solariums now. It's safer! Although I'm off to Turkey for me hols so rather than fry on the beach I will be having a few before I go. Anything in moderation lol xx

Latest posts

Back