Weave hair extension courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarinaMaytum

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I hope I'm doing this right as I'm still getting the hang of it.
I am desperate to learn the Sew In Weave and Micro weft hair extensions.

I have narrowed it down to Beauty Works and Oakley Academy.
Since Belle are awful at responding and appear clueless on the phone and KM hair extensions have cancelled my course at short notice (I had a feeling they'd let me down).

What do you think about training with beauty works or oakley academy? Can anyone offer any advice? Or experiences? Or know about the hair they use etc?

Really appreciate it any guidance :)

Hi everyone,

I hope I'm doing this right as I'm still getting the hang of it.
I am desperate to learn the Sew In Weave and Micro weft hair extensions.

I have narrowed it down to Beauty Works and Oakley Academy.
Since Belle are awful at responding and appear clueless on the phone and KM hair extensions have cancelled my course at short notice (I had a feeling they'd let me down).

What do you think about training with beauty works or oakley academy? Can anyone offer any advice? Or experiences? Or know about the hair they use etc?

Really appreciate it any guidance :)

Aww such a shame you did not go with km hair extensions, i did my la weave and sew in plus a a couple of other methods with them the second time, no hesitation in recommending them. To be honest when i was looking for a weave course i found that oakley, belle and beauty works are not accredited training in any weaves, which was important to me at the time. Good luck, you could try the world of braiding but they are expensive and methods are a little dated... x

Thanks for that :)

How do I find out if a company is accredited in weaves??

X

Our weave, micro wefting, micro sew in (also known as LA Weave) are all Accredited and/or Insurance Approved with:

ABT - Associated Beauty Therapists - ALL COURSES ACCREDITED at our Academy
COVERSURE Insurance - INSURANCE APPROVED
TOWERGATE Insurance - INSURANCE APPROVED
WESTMINSTER-INDEMNITY Insurance - INSURANCE APPROVED

So with our Hologramed Certificate you are able to obtain Public Liability Insurance Cover so that you can work mobile or in a salon. All our courses are for trainees, and non-hairdressers.

Last edited:
Our weave, micro wefting, micro sew in (also known as LA Weave) are all Accredited and Insurance Approved with:

ABT - Associated Beauty Therapists
COVERSURE Insurance
TOWERGATE Insurance
WESTMINSTER-INDEMNITY Insurance

So with our Hologramed Certificate you are able to obtain Public Liability Insurance Cover so that you can work mobile or in a salon. All our courses are for trainees, and non-hairdressers.

Gosh talk about totally touting for business! Really... Is this allowed? :rolleyes:

Anyway thank you for your private message connect 2 (I am not going to take you up on that offer!)

Moving on to the OP, I would advise that you contact each company who connect 2 say they are accredited by and ask if they have gone through the accreditation process for the hair extension technique you would like to do! Should you be considering going here :eek: I may be wrong but I do not think coversure, towergate or westminster indemnity actually have an accreditation process just offer "standard public liability" insurance. Like I said maybe I am wrong but I would certainly contact these three and ask if they actually accredit courses not just insure them for "public liability" and also ask if they are legally "insurance approved" as they state. Absolutely no disrespect to connect 2 whatsoever, but I feel they are making BIG claims here saying are accredited by all these companies. I know they are ok for ABT in pre bonds only, as my friend did a course. I never did so can not / will not comment about that the course she attend.

Coversure: 0800 458 8181
Towergate: 0844 346 3307
Westminster: 0800 53 53 666

xx

Yes that is correct all these companies will give Public Liability Insurance Cover to our students so that they can work mobile or in a salon. Sorry if the wording was confusing.

Latest posts

Back